✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris & beyonce

Coldbae

I know im not the first to ask this but ive been on a roll of coldplay interviews after the show and chris has mentioned beyonce in every single one i think. I dont get it, coldplay pulls way more people but he kind of talks about it in a underdog perspective. Why? Also, all the superbowl shots on her instagram are her in the middle, half of chris etc and it pissed me off.

But no hate im just curious

• Like 1

I know im not the first to ask this but ive been on a roll of coldplay interviews after the show and chris has mentioned beyonce in every single one i think. I dont get it, coldplay pulls way more people but he kind of talks about it in a underdog perspective. Why? Also, all the superbowl shots on her instagram are her in the middle, half of chris etc and it pissed me off.

But no hate im just curious

He's just a giant fanboy, or so it seems.

It did me too.

"Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones and I will try to fix you"

Cheers,

paradise2012

First I was confused by your comment, and then I realsed you put that quote at the end of everything you say lol

• Like 1

I know but it really throws me off how they talked about her in thw james corden interview. Like shes this giant when literally every coldplay single in thelast decades been bigger than her tunes.

• Like 1

But i get it in the sense that, if you adore someone you adore them and you dont think too much outside of it. Just i love everything about the wit and honesty of the guys when ive seen some new interviews and that was a bummer

I haven't watched too many interviews from this era but in all the ones I have seen, Beyonce is mentioned yes. But it's usually the interviewer who brings her up. Hardly Chris's fault lol

They usually ask him what it was working with her and he responds with it was wonderful and she's fantastic which seems like a reasonable response lol. I'm pretty sure that's what he would have responded with irrespective of who the collaborator was.

he kind of talks about it in a underdog perspective. Why?

First of all Chris's ego is somewhere close to 0% he's never going to consider himself or Coldplay better than anyone else so there's that.

Secondly, Beyonce is basically worshipped in America. Chris is aware of that and he refers to it to be humorous like he did in the James Corden interview. I don't think he adores her quite as much as you think he does xD He's just trying to be funny :p

He's just a giant fanboy, or so it seems.

Lol he's one of those people who adores everyone and thinks everybody is super talented and incredible. He fanboys harder over One Direction tbh xD

Like shes this giant when literally every coldplay single in thelast decades been bigger than her tunes.

I'm too lazy to Google the actual statistics so I'm just going to post what I think is true xD

I'm fairly certain Coldplay is bigger than Beyonce on the world scale (she hardly ever makes it to the radio here) but Beyonce is a lot bigger in America. And for some reason, the world generally values America's opinion a lot :nod: and that's probably why Chris is asked about Beyonce in interviews so often.

Also, a lot of Coldplay fans are a bit like the boys themselves. We're not cool or anything. We buy their music because we like it and we relate to it and we go to their concerts because they're fantastic but then we get on with our lives. Someone like Beyonce or Taylor Swift or One Direction on the other hand has extremely vocal, super obsessed fans who are a lot more present on social media and I think that's the main reason why people don't realize quite how big Coldplay is.

Probably if you examined something like number of concert tickets sold or albums sold, Coldplay would have a much higher score but Beyonce is much more likely to be trending online, again because Americans are more prevalent on the Internet. You're more likely to find someone posting something like I hate Coldplay (:rolleyes:) than someone defending them. And that's because most Coldplay fans are too busy living their lives to argue with preteen girls online :')

But the media generally uses your relevance on the Web to decide how big you are and that's why everyone seems to think Coldplay is lucky to work with Beyonce.

Also, the boys are too nice and behave too much like normal people to be considered 'stars' or worshipped by the media. If Chris behaved like an ass, I'm pretty sure interviewers would be more respectful :rolleyes:

This turned out to be a much longer rant than I expected lmao xD

My thoughts are all over the place :'D

• Like 4

I haven't watched too many interviews from this era but in all the ones I have seen, Beyonce is mentioned yes. But it's usually the interviewer who brings her up. Hardly Chris's fault lol

They usually ask him what it was working with her and he responds with it was wonderful and she's fantastic which seems like a reasonable response lol. I'm pretty sure that's what he would have responded with irrespective of who the collaborator was.

First of all Chris's ego is somewhere close to 0% he's never going to consider himself or Coldplay better than anyone else so there's that.

Secondly, Beyonce is basically worshipped in America. Chris is aware of that and he refers to it to be humorous like he did in the James Corden interview. I don't think he adores her quote as much as you think he does xD He's just trying to be funny :p

Lol he's one of those people who adores everyone and thinks everybody is super talented and incredible. He fanboys harder over One Direction tbh xD

I'm too lazy to Google the actual statistics so I'm just going to post what I think is true xD

I'm fairly certain Coldplay is bigger than Beyonce on the world scale (she hardly ever makes it to the radio here) but Beyonce is a lot bigger in America. And for some reason, the world generally values America's opinion a lot :nod: and that's probably why Chris is asked about Beyonce in interviews so often.

Also, a lot of Coldplay fans are a bit like the boys themselves. We're not cool or anything. We buy their music because we like it and we relate to it and we go to their concerts because they're fantastic but then we get on with our lives. Someone like Beyonce or Taylor Swift or One Direction on the other hand has extremely vocal, super obsessed fans who are a lot more present on social media and I think that's the main reason why people don't realize quite how big Coldplay is.

Probably if you examined something like number of concert tickets sold or albums sold, Coldplay would have a much higher score but Beyonce is much more likely to be trending online, again because Americans are more prevalent on the Internet. You're more likely to find someone posting something like I hate Coldplay (:rolleyes:) than someone defending them. And that's because most Coldplay fans are too busy living their lives to argue with preteen girls online :')

But the media generally uses your relevance on the Web to decide how big you are and that's why everyone seems to think Coldplay is lucky to work with Beyonce.

Also, the boys are too nice and behave too much like normal people to be considered 'stars' or worshipped by the media. If Chris behaved like an ass, I'm pretty sure interviewers would be more respectful :rolleyes:

You know what, everything you said in this post is straight to the point - completely the truth and i love it.

• Like 1

Secondly, Beyonce is basically worshipped in America. Chris is aware of that and he refers to it to be humorous like he did in the James Corden interview. I don't think he adores her quite as much as you think he does xD He's just trying to be funny :p

Loved this post - lots of truth in it !

Even though it may not be based on true facts or statistics, your post seems quite reasonable, especially about America's online presence (especially on tumblr). :nod:

• Like 3