✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ultimate Coldplay Album

RealRece

So, title kind of says it all... If Coldplay were to release one last album, with their 15 best tracks (With a theme to it!), what would the album be in your opinion? You can come up with the title of the album as well, and three B-Sides/Singles :) I'm sure this has already been done before, but just wanted to make an updated kind of one I guess :)

Title: "The Way You've Gone"

1: Green Eyes

2: Sparks

3: Easy To Please

4: Careful Where You Stand

5: Proof

6: Up In Flames

7: Oceans

8: The Scientist

9: Warning Sign

10: Things I Don't Understand

11: U.F.O

12: Always In My Head

13: Everglow

14: O (Fly On)

15: See You Soon

Singles/B-Sides:

Always In My Head, Till Kingdom Come

Careful Where You Stand, Proof, In My Place

See You Soon, Square One

The theme of this album is that Chris (or a fictional character) falls in love with some girl, but the relationship slowly falls apart, and the girl has an accident and dies, while Chris is left in the blue as to her whereabouts. He eventually learns the news and becomes slumped with life. Ehh, kind of cliche but oh well :p

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Title: "The Seasons"

Part 1: Summer Sunshine

1. Paradise

2. Birds

3. Charlie Brown

4. Ladder to the Sun

Part 2: The Leaves Fall

5. U.F.O

6. Princess Of China

7. Prospekt's March/Poppyfields

8. Viva La Vida

Part 3: A Cold Snowy Winter

9. The Scientist

10. Warning Sign

11. Fix You

Part 4: Spring Sunrise

12. Careful Where You Stand

13. Colour Spectrum

14. Up With The Birds

15. Aiko

Singles/B-Sides:

Paradise/See You Soon

Princess Of China/The Scientist, Amsterdam

Viva la Vida/Politik, Gravity

This album is built around cycles. Everything comes back around eventually. How darkness turns into light, and back again, and how that continues forever in a cycle. There is a tunnel St the end of the light, just as there is a light at the end of the tunnel..Good follows bad which follows good which follows bad etc. You get the point. This theme is symbolized by the seasons. The album title reflects this. The album is broken into four sections. The first 4 songs have a happy tone to them, like Summer. The next 4 build up a sad feeling as they progress, a realization that the leaves are changing color and that the harsh cold of winter is imminent. The series continues into the next season, featuring 3 Emotional songs that represent the chilly winter. It concludes with 4 more songs that see a glimmer of hope, a happier time coming yet again. The final track, "Aiko", can both be used as an outro and an intro to Paradise, furthermore hinting at the idea of cycles, since you can put this album on endless loop this way.

This album was inspired by recent times in my life, especially the month of August. For more detail check out the "Don't Let It Break Your Heart!" thread. That experience as a whole afterwards gave me the whole idea that everything comes around eventually, which I worked into this album.

If I were in a band and mostly came up with the ideas and stuff our debut album would likely contain this theme in it.

Note: Some of the songs listed aren't in my top 15 as my top 15 didn't have enough songs that flowed together and that fit in each category well enough to make sense I suppose. These tracks are:

Charlie Brown

Ladder To The Sun

Princess of China

Colour Spectrum

Aiko

Most if not all of the rest of my top 15 are B sides.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 2