✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

what model fender is that?

FiveSpeed

first post here and let me say in advance, I offer my blanket apology: I hereby apologise in advance to anyone I offend or could potentially offend in the future basically by asking stupid questions such as "what kind of guitar is he playing?" Can I even ask this when I don't know his name? Is it Jonny?

I mean I got the bit about effects like the line 6 delay and Boss RB2 reverb...But, I can't figure what sound comes from where. The list of guitars on coldplay FAQ page is as follows:

Vintage Fender Jazzmaster

Reissue Fender jaguar

Vint Fend thinline Tele

Jap tele

Gibson 335

Rick 12 string

Marting Acoustic (D28??? does not say)

My mission is to bother people by asking if they know which guitar is used on a particular song.

I offer my blanket apology: I hereby apologise in advance to anyone I offend or could potentially offend in the future basically by asking stupid questions such as "what kind of guitar is he playing?" Can I even ask this when I don't know his name? Is it Jonny?

Heh heh, take a look at some other posts *coughsternleycough*, your question is relatively quite intelligent. Also, don't feel bad about not knowing names, I don't memorize them all myself. I only know chris and will for sure.

i don't remember... i guess you could probably find out by watching the dvd, but i still haven't seen that. i just remember the first time i saw them, he used the tele for almost every song, but the other two times, he had obviously used his newfound wealth to upgrade his collection a bit and was switching practically every other song. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Vintage Fender Jazzmaster - I've never seen Jonny play a Jazzmaster, certainly not live, and the only picture of Jon and his Jazzmaster is printed in the AROBTTH booklet

Reissue Fender jaguar - He plays the Jaguar on Shiver and most of the times on Yellow too

Vintage Fend thinline Tele - Virtually every song on AROBTTH, for example Politks, AROBTTH, Clocks etc. and older songs like Don't Panic and Everything's not lost

Japanese tele (the blue one) - I believe it's only used for Trouble, it is probably tuned different

Gibson 335 - Live for lead guitar in Green Eyes, and I believe the studio version of In My Place also features the 335, it sounds that way I think.

Rick 12 string - Daylight, Chris uses it in One I Love

Further, Jon plays a '72 Custom Tele live in See You Soon and some other songs, and Chris uses a special Telecaster, I forgot it's name, with a Strat neck, live for Don't Panic