✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin Acoustic Guitar sound

Empy

Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get a similar acoustic guitar sound like Chris does when he plays it in acoustic performances.

This version of Hymn for the Weekend from Conan has that sound I'm looking to get.

This Don't Look Back in Anger cover does as well

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sometimes it's all in the tuning and the chord shapes, Chris uses EADGBD tuning during his performance at the show, not sure how to call them, but he likes the "Fmaj7 style chords" which makes the guitar sound more warm and continous. CM uses a Martin&Co acoustic guitar and my best guess he uses medium bronze strings from the same manufacturer, so if you're looking for a similar sound I would recommend just buying a relatively new acoustic guitar (2010 or newer) with a set of bronze medium strings :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of the most fascinating things about Chris is his singing technique. He doesn't always try to be pitch perfect in note hitting(but BELIEVE me,he can very well), rather he lets his emotions lead. That's why their songs hit right in the heart,and his note missing isn't that much considered a fault. songs like Fix you,Clocks,Scientist, Yellow,Everglow,viva La Vida wouldn't be successful if it wasn't for Chris's style of singing. :)

• Like 1