✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What Is Your Favorite Vocal Melody?

IneedYou23

One of the reasons I was drawn to Coldplay way back when, was for how melodic their music is. Chris has a way with creating melodies. Whether it's his playing them on an instrument or singing them.

Often I would find myself humming lyrics to certain songs and then realizing how amazing the vocal melody actually is. Chris is really great at coming up with vocal melodies and I believe he is one of the best to ever do it! Sometimes its easy to forget the vocal melody, as you just concentrate on the lyrics that are being sung. But if you try to take away the actual lyrics and hear the vocal melody and how Chris pairs it, I think it brings another level of appreciation to the song and to Chris gift.

So I ask you, what are some of your favorite vocal melodies from a Coldplay song?

Some of mine are:

Fix You - I love how he pairs the last rhyming word to the verse with the next verse.

Something Just Like This - I really love the pre-chorus vocal melody. I honestly think its one of his best. The lyrics just flow greatly with the melody.

Us Against The World - Also one of my favorites. I think in this instance, the lyrics bring out the vocal melody really lovely!

Those are just a few.

• Like 1

I too am a big fan of UATW - Chris and Will are so perfect together on that song.

Other good vocal melodies:

-Strawberry Swing. I really like how Chris does a sort of falsetto bit of the "ry" of strawberry when he sings each line.

-The chorus of Amsterdam in particular, another song where Chris and Will pair perfectly. On the album version I think there's a second Chris line or Jonny singing beneath Will's part and it really adds to the body of the chorus despite there only being piano.

-ASFOS - there is some amazing falsetto in this song that I've always really liked.

• Like 2