✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mat Kearney sounds a bit like Chris Martin...?

Major Cooper

The first time I’ve heard “Nothing left to lose” a long, long time ago, I thought Coldplay ventured into a different sound. The two gentlemen don’t sound totally alike, but everytime I hear a new Mat Kearney song, I can’t help but hear a little bit of Chris Martin. Mat Kearney raps too, so if he covers “Army of One”, we would probably notice/hear more of the resemblance. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do sound a lot alike! I remember a few years back one of his songs came on the radio, and my Dad told me it must be a new Coldplay song. At that point I had just started keeping up with the band and knew for sure that it wasn't, but was totally blown away that it sounded like it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They do sound a lot alike! I remember a few years back one of his songs came on the radio, and my Dad told me it must be a new Coldplay song. At that point I had just started keeping up with the band and knew for sure that it wasn't, but was totally blown away that it sounded like it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes...! So was I...! :)

• Like 1

Ummmm... yes - nice voice, nice song - and a BIT like Chris, but only a bit. Chris's voice is so unique.

There’s definitely an overall distinction that separates one artist from the other. There’s only one Chris Martin. Only one Coldplay. They just sound-alike. It just gives you the initial impression that you are hearing Chris, but later catch on the fact that it isn’t. Hence, we are unanimous, per the thread’s title, “a bit...”. Thanks, @oldiefan...!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Oh, Mat Kearney does really sounds similar to Chris. The timbers of both men nearly resemble each other but I've noticed that Mat's voice is deeper even though both Mat and Chris have robust voices and appear to sing and rap as they have been learning the style of the other one.

Perfect analysis...!

• Like 1