✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

have you ever had an estranged friendship?

musiclover

no? good.

'cuz it sux to know someone for a long time and then for something to happen, after which, they treat you like you've got the most contagious/virulent disease and they ignore you or talk to you in some abstract way. and there's nothing you can do to help the situation...you feel like you're between a rock and a hard place. and i dunno what else to say nemore

Hey :)

I don't fully understand the situation, but perhaps outsider's advice is what may help.. a wee bit anyway/hopefully!

If anything is making you feel this awful, I recommened ice-cream. And listen to "Politik" really loud :cool: .

You will only feel the way you are feeling for a short time and one day you will realise that life is too short to dwell on what could have been/what was and isn't anymore.

My view is... we only live once.

Be happy!

:)

Thanks, Hayley; you cheer me up! I know better to not dwell on this one particuular thing...but who's gonna give this message from my brain to my heart? :/

"Why can't i breathe whenever I think 'bout you?" by Liz Phair...listening to that right now on my Yahoo radio station....kinda sums up how i feel sometimes.

but why should this be so difficult? why can't this person treat me right? i guess in their mind, they do...i dunno

anyways, thanks!

*hugs*

Aw! I've never had any estranged relationships, but I have come close... it's not fun. I have lost a lot of good friends due to moving, I still think about them and miss them (some I haven't seen/talked to in 5 years). So, you never forget about the good ones, but things get better, new friends and what not...

But I hope you're situation won't come to that! I don't know what it is that happened, but maybe you should try to talk to them about it?

oh gosh...jess...i'm in the same trouble with another friend...this guy actually was my best friend since kindergarten...we grew up together and went to school together and hung out together... :stunned: but since i moved 10+ years ago...it's been tenuous and actually for last 2 years, i've not even called him back in india :confused: but i miss him and remember him at times but i feel so akward of calling him now :/ but one of these days, i'll just have to pick up the phone and talk to him, though i doubt he'd wanna talk to me...i didn't even attend his wedding (though i'd have to go back to india to do that...and there was no way i cud have!)

:( How awful..were you invited to his wedding?

I actually saw my old best friend on the weekend while I was shopping (she was working in a store that I needed to go in) si I sent John in the store to buy a backpack for me so I wouldn't have to talk to her...awful I know :cry:

I don't want to make you guys feel bad or anything... but you really should talk to your old friends. I've moved many times and I have many friends who just stop talking to me... don't answer e-mails... don't call... anything. It really hurts. I took a trip back to one of my old towns last summer, and went to visit the only friend I thought would still be living in town... she wasn't. I never got a letter telling me she moved or anything, so I have no way to contact her and it's very depressing... anyways... I'm done. Sorry.

oh...awful! but i guess you saved the embarrassment for her....i dunno. :/ that way, when i worked in a dept. store while looking for a proper job, i ran into a few friends and they'd feel weird 'cuz they all had good engineering jobs...one guy even went to the effort of getting my resume and forwarding it to his human resources dept. :/ oh well!

and yep, we'd talked before his wedding and he's like...i'm giving you 1 year's notice to be free and make time to come to my wedding! he was in love with this girl and married her...and in india, weddings (and marriages) are a big deal, ceremonies taking place over a few days and all...

but then U.S. got hit by recession and i was stuck in that useless dept. store job and i cudn't go to his wedding :rolleyes:

I don't want to make you guys feel bad or anything... but you really should talk to your old friends. I've moved many times and I have many friends who just stop talking to me... don't answer e-mails... don't call... anything. It really hurts. I took a trip back to one of my old towns last summer' date=' and went to visit the only friend I thought would still be living in town... she wasn't. I never got a letter telling me she moved or anything, so I have no way to contact her and it's very depressing... anyways... I'm done. Sorry.[/quote']

That has happened to me. Well... kinda.

I met a boy at a summer camp about 3 years ago.

We stayed in contact through letter-writing, and always promised to meet up. Then he said he was moving house, and that he would send me his new address once he got settled.

I never heard from him again and I have no way of contacting him.

It is very sad. :(

awww u guys. well, i was very sentimental about these things. i diligently kept in touch with everyone, even after i moved 10,000 miles away! :rolleyes: but then, some people just don't wanna stay in touch with you...so then i feel like i'm just imposing...

and i guess i'm one of those loner guys anyways...i don't make friends easily, but the ones i do, i don't forget them and they're my friends for life. just that sometimes in life, u do lose touch :/

awww u guys. well, i was very sentimental about these things. i diligently kept in touch with everyone, even after i moved 10,000 miles away! :rolleyes: but then, some people just don't wanna stay in touch with you...so then i feel like i'm just imposing...

and i guess i'm one of those loner guys anyways...i don't make friends easily, but the ones i do, i don't forget them and they're my friends for life. just that sometimes in life, u do lose touch :/

well, there's only one thing for it!!

LET'S ALL BE FRIENDS FOREVER :lol: