🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Coldplay A.I. Content Thread

JustSomeone

More and more A.I. Coldplay content is starting to circulate and so it seems logical to have a thread dedicated specifically to it.

I am personally very excited for the A.I. era of Coldplay music. 

Whether it’s A.I. being used to create additional tracks for Coldplay’s existing albums, or whether it’s A.I. being used to explore new creative directions Coldplay haven’t actually pursued, I’m sure we’ll be positively surprised.

On a final note: it seems pointless to me to try and convince others that a self made A.I. track, instrumental or vocal is authentic. If anything, take pride in creating high quality A.I. content as it allows others to compliment you on your work. 

I am very worried about the AI era that's impending.

I think it's fine for covers, like Lucas because it won't be too far off the actual version.

I don't like it for actual songs. The fact we can't tell if FEWL is real is very concerning, both about the power of AI and Chris's lyrics lol. If this wasn't a jamming session it would be a lot easier to say it AI, but when we have stuff like Far Out, which is another jamming session that isn't too far off from this then it becomes hard to tell. Imagine what the technology will be like in a year, we won't be able to tell anything apart, it will be too realistic. What If AI could make a song like Tomorrow by using a riff or piece of music from another song, we'd have no idea if it's real.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, JPA24 said:

I am very worried about the AI era that's impending.

I think it's fine for covers, like Lucas because it won't be too far off the actual version.

I don't like it for actual songs. The fact we can't tell if FEWL is real is very concerning, both about the power of AI and Chris's lyrics lol. If this wasn't a jamming session it would be a lot easier to say it AI, but when we have stuff like Far Out, which is another jamming session that isn't too far off from this then it becomes hard to tell. Imagine what the technology will be like in a year, we won't be able to tell anything apart, it will be too realistic. What If AI could make a song like Tomorrow by using a riff or piece of music from another song, we'd have no idea if it's real.

I deeply agree. Personally, I'm fine with people doing AI covers, but that's really it. I think it would also be fine if we knew beforehand that a supposedly new original song was made with AI, but it sounds like an unrealistic thought nowadays. Still, I don't think I would listen to a fully AI-generated song. If you made the song from scratch and just replaced your vocals with Chris's voice or whatever, maybe I'd give it a listen, but that's about it. At this point, I'd probably prefer the song to have your real voice, lol.

Edited by Zetherio
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

With yesterday’s leak of the acoustic (guitar) recording of Spanish Rain, it now seems quite likely to me that the track “From Earth With Love” is indeed at least partly A.I. generated. 

Edited by JustSomeone