✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Can I have a little help?

Shiver911

I need some serious advice...

I'll type out some excerpts from a diary entry I wrote yesterday to help explain what's happening:

"Me and mom just finished watching the movie Freaky Friday...When the movie was over, I was reading the book I have on therapeutic touch, and it was talking about 'thinking "love"', and I thought of [my boyfriend] Matthew. And this shadow just came up out of nowhere. I stopped reading for a minute and went on the computer. I checked my Hotmail inbox, and there was a message from Matthew, saying that my birthday gift would be coming on Monday, and to be ready for anything. Then I remembered [his sister and my friend] Melanie saying something about a kiss....And the shadow just swallowed me.

I can't kiss anyone now. I'm far too young. I haven't really fallen in love at all with anyone. I've just turned thirteen. I'm too young to understand love yet. I'm beyond my years in alot of things, I've been told so, but this isn't one of them...

It's far too late to turn back now though."

What's going on is that I can't really break up with Matthew. Because recently I broke up with someone, and it caused him SO much pain, and I don't want to end it with Matthew now because I don't want the same thing to happen again...But...I don't want what I've said above, in the entry. Because...kissing, to me, should be a sign of sincere love for one another. But in my school, the only reason that young dating couples kiss is really just because it's a "cool" thing to do. But I don't think like that. But I don't know how to say no to Matthew without causing any more pain, like I did a little while ago with someone else. I'm really kinda afraid...Can anybody give me some advice? I'd really appreciate it.

Awww, it was kind of sweet to read :D

Trust me, when I was your age I was thinking the same thing -- and even today, I would never kiss anyone that wasn't someone I really liked (yeah, I'm picky like that). But if it's your boyfriend, why not? Just a small peck on the lips should even do the trick, it's only a kiss after all :) I've kissed a guy-friend of mine on the lips before as a joke (never mind the fact that I was in love with him though :lol:)

Anyway, good luck :D I was in the same position as you, and I know it sounds scary but trust me, you shouldn't be afraid of it :)

Haha, yeah...I really don't want to. He's really sweet, but there's no way in Hell I'm ready just yet. It's just really, really, REALLY hard for me to back out...It's all because of the pain that I caused when I'd broken up with my previous boyfriend, I don't want to do something like that again. :cry:

I see you've sorted all this out now, so that's all groovy. Side note: I like kissing. kissing is fantastic! Very fantastic. Ooh did I mention I like kissing and that it's fantastic? :D

Fantastic is my new word of the month

Woo for random info that no-one need to know. :D :D

I am glad that you think that you are not ready for love at 13, since it is true. That is much too young. My sister was in a "relationship" when she was 13 and it turned her crazy since kids that age just don't understand mature relations like that. She is 14 now and not dating anyone as far as I know.

At 13, its your time to enjoy your life not to get all crazy over boys that way.

Well, I guess you can't really tell when the age is right... I fell in love for the first time when I was 14, but really in love (twice!) when I was 14.5 or 15... can't really remember. Both lasted for 2-3 years :stunned: