Everything posted by chuck kottke
-
Help!
A List of Cheerful Music::sunny: 1. Listen to the Music - The Doobie Brothers. 2. Yes - Wonderous Stories 3. Moody Blues - We Can Fly 4. Elton John & Kiki Dee - Don't go Breaking my Heart 5. Feist - 1,2,3,4 6. Moody Blues - Days of Future Past (listen to it from beginning to end - it's one piece - a total trip!) 7. Rock Around the Clock - Bill Haley and the Comets (this goes wayy back) 8. Elton John - Saturday Night 9. The Beatles - Norwegian Wood; Yellow Submarine & others. 10. U2 - I still haven't found what I'm looking for. 11. Coldplay - Moses.
-
Tell me something about you that I don't know
:confused:You've got me a bit confused, Chueko! If your Grandpa likes where he is, why did you say he didn't? I are confuzzed! Perhaps you meant that he likes to visit, and then regrets going back, even though he likes where he's at? That I can understand - about the same situation with my ma. Life has its challenges at times, that's for sure!!
-
What artist can't you stop listening to today?
Doobie Brothers!:sunny: Listen to the Music.:)
-
What Time Is it and what are you doing ??
9:17 and considering looking at a Radiohead video:hat::rolleyes5::operator:
-
5,000th post party!!!
5,000?? wow!;)
-
The poll of destiny...
Green is good. I am a Green as well - it's really the only clear choice for those connected to reality these days... We are, after all, only culturally well-adapted apes, and need to connect the parts in our mind to form a more coherent whole..:sunny:
-
Why do you care for a band who have done nothing of note since circa2002?
Radio-head: I like some of their stuff - let's put it that way, Tracie. Creative - yes, definitely; message - great; music I would listen to often - well, sometimes. It's different. I have to agree - it's nasal in excess - I think perhaps intentionally annoying, to call attention to it. Tonight I might check out some of their stuff, as it is interesting to listen to, and the videos are neat and full of symbolism.. Mode dependent. But mostly I just wanted to get Briggins to react!:laugh3: (LOL). Chris's voice - sometimes he's in that falsetto style - it's interesting as well to listen to, but I much prefer the normal octave range he occupies. (I keep thinking of Prince's music, which has been on the air lately - now there's high-pitched falsetto!:lol:) Anywhohow, with Eno helping, they should have a high quality, significant, and resonant set of songs; I rather fancy the thought of hearing their new release for the first time.
-
post songs with colors in their titles (game)
/The One-Eyed Purple People Eaters:laugh3: Gonna make my brown eyes blue. Mellow Yellow Red Red Wine.. Paint it black - Rolling Stones.
-
What are you thinking right now?
Tracie, if you get a set of earplugs - some to soften the sound level just a bit, but not enough to make it too quiet - that should help!:) (plus there are some you really can't see..) -best to save the ears - hearing loss can be permanent - I have a cousin who lost her hearing driving stock cars.. Congrats on playing on-stage, and keep on keeping on!:thumbsup::sunny:
-
How you feel today?
Relieved - the job is complete, and the room looks great!:thumbsup:
-
Why do you care for a band who have done nothing of note since circa2002?
Radiohead is just such a winney bunch! Sheesh, can't Thom get less nasal? I could probably sing better!:P (but what a great video - peter rabbit's woods..)
-
Radiohead
Probably just a strong variety of marijuana, no doubt!:P Silly how we ban plants - I rather sometimes think it's an un-natural thing to ban, as it's a plant that grows wild (as it had for eons). Since over-ripe bananas contain alcohol, should we ban bananas then too?:laugh3:
-
Tell me something about you that I don't know
Is your Grandpa in a home or assisted living?:confused: I think here some of the places are just to warehousey - like living in a cubicle, even though the care is good. Nice to be with family - perhaps he just needs a little company??:)
-
Radiohead
Wait, isn't Supergrass the new name for Supertramp? (maybe a nickname, tho..):)
-
It would suck
Thankayou Kindly.:) Hmm.. the Pope-age was funny? Must be something in the water in Michigan!:laugh3: Yes, the beads look nice - they have that ruby look.;)
-
Oh. My. God.
Wireless internet - that's pretty modern for West Virginia! Beautiful mountains, and I did see a mule pulling a plow on a hillside there.. I suppose, wherever you go now, there it is! So, feel blessed to have access - it's ultra-modern for rugged lands like yours.;)
-
Poets
You're most welcome! Keep up the bard's work in the outback there!:)
-
Fairtrade 'does more harm than good to Third World countries', says think tank
Put faith in honest campaigns = Fair Trade Improves Where I come from is seeing root causes - has anyone else seen Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs and Steel? This tells us more than just looking at what seems apparent - it explains the ongoing effects of colonialism on the southern hemisphere, and what we need to do in the "developed" nations to make things better for everyone. I agree with both of you, but I have become acutely aware of the right-wing corporate agenda, and it's attempts to paint a false image of the truth - to distort things for political purposes. If multi-national companies stand to loose profits and control from Fair Trade practices, they will try all avenues to dissuade through negative press (and sometimes pure lies) the general public, in order to further their agendas. Believe me, they do this by publishing false accusations as verbatim truths, and mainly to shift focus away from their questionable practices. Fair Trade is there to improve the lives of those subsistence farmers, and to help keep the Earth's ecological diversity alive as well. Yes, there is a substantial markup, which I find a bit disingenuous, but that's an artifact of limited competition between wholesalers & retailers, which seems to be changing as demand grows, and more organizations enter the marketplace. Checks and balances, and root causes and cures - I believe, if we put more emphasis on clean elections and limit campaign funding to smaller, affordable contribution amounts, we get representatives that work for the best interests of the whole, and not just those with a favor to get through money (ie - look at Barack Obama's support, for example - lots of small contributions, and he will likely do what's best for everyone then). Hence, restoring honest government restores the referee in the picture, and then trade agreements can be worked to favor the best interests of the people - ultimately finding a better path to reward honest brokers, and reprimand the bad actors economically. Free markets sound great, but I see them as represented by the current US stock market - not enough regulation to make it fair, and the shell games get out of hand, and a lot of average people get hurt. So, make the referee fair and effective, and the process helps everyone, as it should - the best rise in the process. The secret is to keep the government as honest as possible - a task indeed, but one with great rewards, and then the lives of everyone improves when the referee does its job, sans the blinders and bribes. Free Trade is anarchy, which allows only the worst to rule; Fair Trade is justice, with a clear conscious guiding the ship of the marketplace away from the rocky shoals.
-
It would suck
:thinking:And then why the fascination? The sheep shirt is nice to see, but I no get the necklace then if you're agnostic (?). Are you just thinking this would be a good mind-tripper thing to wear then?:rolleyes:
-
just talk
:dozey::oWell, toothpaste that's Fluoridated is rather toxic - hence the warning to use "only a pea-sized amount". I would recommend spitting it out, unless you want to get too much Fluoride in your system..
-
It would suck
I can dig it then!;) Progressive Pope's Rule!:thumbsup:
-
Why do you care for a band who have done nothing of note since circa2002?
I do like the Radiohead remake of Credence's "Run through the Jungle"- they add a nice bizarreness to it.
-
apa kabar!!!!!
Java has great coffee!:)
-
It would suck
Which Pope is pictured?
-
What are you thinking right now?
:laugh3:Apparently so! Ours won't even shake your hand, out of fear that you might be of a lower caste (and are thus carrying some sort of contagion!). Really f***** up, in my humble opinion..;) Some things are true the world around..