✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

George Bush- your views

mburn

:shrug: i guesss just my opinion.....cuz my dad's line of work is sooo rare unless we move...and i know my sis wont be having that....so if the econonmy drops it wont be good....but maybe after this is over....ppl will lose all fear of terroist or worry of this war and get back to working......it is too early to early to know

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think my views have changed a lot! i`m not against war anymore. hussein had ova 12 years to disarm but he refused to do so and kept killing his own people. i don`t think we should ignore that! i was watching the 'is war the answer?' debate on mtv yesterday and i learned a lot. this one guy from iraq asked tony blair if he could guarantee freedom for iraqis and he was begging blair to do something for the ppl in iraq becuz they are dying everyday becuz of saddam`s regim. i had tears in my eyes and i noticed that it also moved blair (he was almost crying there!). so it`s not bush who`s the villain- it`s saddam and we need to get rid of him!

i think my views have changed a lot! i`m not against war anymore. hussein had ova 12 years to disarm but he refused to do so and kept killing his own people. i don`t think we should ignore that! i was watching the 'is war the answer?' debate on mtv yesterday and i learned a lot. this one guy from iraq asked tony blair if he could guarantee freedom for iraqis and he was begging blair to do something for the ppl in iraq becuz they are dying everyday becuz of saddam`s regim. i had tears in my eyes and i noticed that it also moved blair (he was almost crying there!). so it`s not bush who`s the villain- it`s saddam and we need to get rid of him!

agreed.....i think that suddam is a coward....and im proud of out troops too.....esepcially that one troop who , whenever we had taken over an area of iraq, put up the american flag but soon took it down b/c we arent there to conqure it but free it (meaning iraqi people) and our gov't is continuously saying that no civilans are being aimed at.

mmmmm

I think that 'freedom' is a very strong word. Bush is using it to destroy a country. Saddam might have done it, alright. But Bush IS doing it. And he is not only destroying a country and its people, he is also risking American soldiers, and the whole world too.

And I assume we all know, or at least suspect, that the central issue here isn't a country's freedom as he says, it's its petrol. I think things would really be different if Irak's natural resource was tomatoes...

The sad thing in this particular war is that I can't find 'GOOD' anywhere. Saddam is bad, but I don't think Bush is very different from him... If he were, I think he would have done things differently, he shouldn't have ignored the International Community, he should have ran out of the diplomatic ways intead of looking forward to war...

I am really worried about what this man could do. I respect American people but I must say that I'm afraid of its governments. In my country (Argentina) we have a sad historial of dictatorships, being the last one (1976-1983) a very bloody one... it was comanded by the C.I.A. and instaured in the name of the order, freedom, and many more American Christian values. By this, I only want to say that at least, I keep the benefit of the doubt when I hear the words: 'In the name of freedom and democracy'. Perhaps a lot of very terrible interests are hidden behind them.

well, ppl in iraq were dying becuz of saddam and now ppl are dying becuz of the war. what`s the difference then? the difference is that when we win the war we`ll free the iraqi ppl from saddams regim. and i doubt that bush and blair want the fooking oil! it`s not what it`s about! it`s about getting rid of one of the most dangerous creatures on this planet (hussein that is). think logically, would bush decide to make war to get the oil when everyone is watching him?

well erm....civilians arent.......and well some of the iraqi army can be terroist...and terroist are getting what they had coming...im not saying that iraq was w/ 9/11 cuz i dont think they were.....but death happens w/ war....and if the iraq troops will just surrendar than not alot of casualties will happen and a country will be free

I agree with you Weedy. I despise war but that is the only thing that will get Sadamm's attention. He is a very cruel person. He uses his own people as shields. He pays them off, belittles them, intimidates them, punishes them. He uses them to his own advantage.

I am an American and I do not always agree with Bush but he is our leader and we are there. And i support the troops!!!!!! We are doing a good thing. We are not taking over Iraq. We are helping them get their country back from a Dictator. There are no freedoms over there. He has ruled his country with fear!!!This has been allowed for 12 years by the United Nations. They are weak. They want to please everyone. Well you can't. Life doesn't work like that. He had 12 years to comply. We gave him chance after chance. Enough is Enough.

The Iraqi people need help and I am glad we are there to help them. They can not do this by themselves. They need help. I wish there could have been another way but there was not. The weapons inspections were not working, Sadaam had too much power and control. He was showing us what he wanted us to see and have. He was being secretive and uncooperative. He is EVIL. I believe evil does exist and he is evil. We need to get rid of him. Lock him up or kill him.

I am so scared what our POW'S are going through. I can't even imagine the terror they are in. But they were doing their job. They believe in freedom.

It is so horrible that we have to have so much violence for peace but look at the history books. Unfortunately it's the only thing that works. A very sad fact but it is true. Look at WWII. We had to get rid of Hitler. WE had to intervene and it is the same for the Iraqi people we had to intervene on their behalf. Our purpose is just.

Now if it could only be swift. :?

inform yourselves, read up on this. Look at the past and I think some of you will have a change of heart. Information is the key to wisdom, the right information the correct information.

I agree with you Weedy. I despise war but that is the only thing that will get Sadamm's attention. He is a very cruel person. He uses his own people as shields. He pays them off, belittles them, intimidates them, punishes them. He uses them to his own advantage.

I am an American and I do not always agree with Bush but he is our leader and we are there. And i support the troops!!!!!! We are doing a good thing. We are not taking over Iraq. We are helping them get their country back from a Dictator. There are no freedoms over there. He has ruled his country with fear!!!This has been allowed for 12 years by the United Nations. They are weak. They want to please everyone. Well you can't. Life doesn't work like that. He had 12 years to comply. We gave him chance after chance. Enough is Enough.

The Iraqi people need help and I am glad we are there to help them. They can not do this by themselves. They need help. I wish there could have been another way but there was not. The weapons inspections were not working, Sadaam had too much power and control. He was showing us what he wanted us to see and have. He was being secretive and uncooperative. He is EVIL. I believe evil does exist and he is evil. We need to get rid of him. Lock him up or kill him.

I am so scared what our POW'S are going through. I can't even imagine the terror they are in. But they were doing their job. They believe in freedom.

It is so horrible that we have to have so much violence for peace but look at the history books. Unfortunately it's the only thing that works. A very sad fact but it is true. Look at WWII. We had to get rid of Hitler. WE had to intervene and it is the same for the Iraqi people we had to intervene on their behalf. Our purpose is just.

inform yourselves, read up on this. Look at the past and I think some of you will have a change of heart. Information is the key to wisdom, the right information the correct information.

great answer! but i thought we entered the ww11 b/c of japan...sorry lol im only 14 i have alot of ww11 learning to do.....but ur rite.....i still dont like the concept of war.....which is why i dont watch the news....sad fact to some.....but i just want to get rid of suddam ....i dont want to hear or watch about the tragic things that come w/ it on the way to taking him out of there....cause to me.....thats what makes a war.the tradigies involved.....and if i dont watch it....i wont feel upset. just my opinion

You know you are right, it was after Japan bombed us. I forgot. We should have intervened sooner but we didn't. And look what happened. Look at how many innocent people we lost. Tragic. Sad. :(

But in the end we did the right thing. We actually saw what was happening and we did everything we could to help out. Thank God!!!

Please let this war end quickly and have freedom for Iraq!!!! Amen.

Replying and quoting drowned in deep feelings of apathy and impotence about this war...

I agree on that violence seems to be the only way sometimes. But that makes me think also that if iraqui people are really so angry with Saddam, why don't they free themselves? It would take lives, it would be hell, but at last I'm sure they'd get with their purpose. Think of a revolution. Everything seemed to be untouchable, but then... a revolution appeared (many examples, Industrial, Bolshevik, and so on). And in case THEY decide to get rid of him, I think intervention of the International Community would be the right thing to do.

What I've just written it's TOO questionable and too fragile because it's a dictatorship and you never know... a revolution could be suffocated just like that and perhaps we, on the other side of the world, would never even hear of it. But, anyway, I'm sorry but I just don't support the idea of having a country, or a coallition of countries with the authority to decide who needs what or to embrace themselves as the freers of the world.

And perhaps you should read more about the origins of that Hitler you name. Perhaps go to World War I and see how the 'good side' left Germany after it. In World War II YOU saved the world from a monster YOU, in part, created, and at a beginning, supported. I advise: read impartial information.

I'm sorry for sounding like a reseintfull pig, but I can't help to be subjective here. It's like when you see your soldiers being taken but iraqui troops. I'm sure your heart shrugs, and perhaps many of you who were against Bush, changed your minds. Well, in my case, I can't help to doubt.

I'm worried about the people, the citizens in Irak, the troops from both sides sent to fight a war, sent to kill each other, when, after all, they are all the same, they are equals. I'm worried about the remote chance of them being used by two old men (or more: three with Blair, four with Aznar...) who just can't get enough power.

And I doubt because as much as I condemn the dictator Hussein, I mistrust Bush. Perhaps and hopefully I'm wrong, but I at least say 'WAIT, let's see, let's find the reasons of his goodness, let's follow his behaviour'.

You live under the U.S.A. Government, and I'm sure, in general, you live the 'American' dream. We people in the Third World sometimes suffer it. That's why I'm so critic. I learnt from experience to mistrust when some values as democracy, freedom or progress are so nicely packaged. I just have to. I'm sorry for being so distrustful, but that's the side of the story that's been written for me...

......i hope that knowing that the us is there to protect , the iraq army tunrs on their leader and in packs goes for the kill ofthe man who had damaged their families...id like to see iraqis who have suffered b/c of him get the true revenge of killing him however they want!

I think Bush is a perma stoned moron and do not support him in this war or ever. I can't believe he's our president. Like others have said, this is going to be another Vietnam. I live in America, and have been living here for most of my life.

This country used to be for the people and ruled by the people. However, lately, the people are the last thing that the republic cares about. It's so sad, what our country is reducing itself too.

I dont think it will be another Vietnam......it isnt that bad.....but if i was lvijg during Vietnam .id be showing my disliking cuz that was a harsh war! many are against this war i agree and bush doesnt see that....the iraqi need to free themselves...we should just be a lenind hand not bombing them....they need to know that we have thier backs....but they need to go in for the kill.....

Of course it won't be another Vietnam, Amanda. Vietnam was more even...

Statistics are cold but they can show quite a thing.

And if things get uglier, this could be a genocide. US Army is TOO powerful. Just think for a minute why they are using human shields... It's the world main countries against people whose leader Hussein wasn't even kind enough to put them in a war to fight for him with proper equipment to resist. That's nobody's land now.

hollybelle

Now if it could only be swift.

word!

yeah poland became independent after world war 1