✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Speed Of Sound EP - Strongest Song?

galraedia

I don't know about any of you guys, (and please only reply to this is you've actually listened to the whole EP) but I believe that Proof is actually the strongest song on the EP, totally not a rip of their AROBTTH material like Speed Of Sound was to Clocks, its got a touching soaring chorus and really should headline the EP! Just checking to see if I'm not the only one!

Not a rip-off, i just think that they hand't furthured their sound enough to be honest. I think the chorus to SOS could have been a lot better because the verses are good! I still think proof shines through although SOS is a good song. However I havn't a clue why Chris put Things I Don't Understand on the EP, never before has there been an album or EP "filler"! It seems as if this was chosen as it is standard for 3 songs to be on an EP so they had to pick one from the rejected bunch! The album will totally make up for it tho!

As Chris said Speed Of Sound is a bridge between the songs from A Rush Of Blood To The Head and the new material on X & Y. And as so, i think it's perfect. Ofcourse, it does sound a little similar to some stuff on the previous album but maybe they thought other songs would've been too much different from what the fans are used to. They don't want to distance themselves from their fans obviously. I think that's why they picked SOS as the first single.