✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Official Let's Throw Some Love to X&Y Thread

colduser

Although I don't think that X&Y is their best album, it is definetly on par with AROBTTH and Parachuets. In other words, great album. :guitarist: :guitarist:

I was hoping to break the tie between Parachutes and AROBTTH, but now it's a three-way. :bigcry:

Like said before, Coldplay has really REALLY outdone themselves. Incredible album from start to finish. The instrumental work on this album is some of the best I've heard (which isn't that much, but whatever :P ). It's albums like this that will be talked about for years to come. They really knocked this one of the ballpark.

I still cant make up me mind about it... However I know I love the song x - y kinda of reminds of a Beatles tune....

I dont understand what the hell its about, but its a beautiful song !

I absolutely adore the fact that Coldplay have successfully expanded their already unique sound. The first time I heard The Hardest Part I couldn't help but think it didn't sound like a Coldplay song, but then as I listened to it more I found it incredible. The air that they experimented with on AROBTTH has come full circle for them now, and now they have added things such as strings (X&Y) and wine glass bottles (Low). I absolutely adore this album and every song on it, and my four year love of Coldplay has been prolonged and affirmed. I didn't think it could match my lofty expectations, but now I know I was wrong to doubt the greatest band in the world. WOOT!

I'll be honest. After my first run through of AROBTTH I couldn't really remember a song, apart from 'In my Place'.

After my first run through of X & Y I already couldn't get 'White Shadows' and 'Til Kingdom Comes' out of my head.

I really appreciate the fact that Coldplay try to develop as a band. And if this forces me to put more effort into listening to their album the better for it.

The worst thing in music is complacent musicians and listeners.

It's definitely their best and most ambitious effort to date and I'll gladly make it the soundtrack for my summer.

A.

Bought mine today' date=' couldnt believe how cheap it was, probably the cheapest cd ive ever bought. On the downside the canadian version is copy controlled.[/quote']

Yes, and the big copy protection logo on the front really ruins the album.

However, you still can rip the music to your computer, if you want to.

One thing I love about this album is that it has a totally different (and really cool) effect if you listen to it with the volume turned up :)

Everyone I've talked to have also been saying that they love this new album...even my sister who knows alot about music and the industry and all that. So if she likes it...it must mean its pretty good :D

I LOVE X & Y! I think it's an incredible album. For those of you who don't think so, listen harder. I love the new sound, songs like Square One, White Shadows, Talk, Fix You, X&Y, Twisted Logic are nothing but brilliant. Each song on the album is good.

:)