OVERALL = 8/10

COLDPLAY

RATINGS AND STAND OUT TRACKS

parachutes - 7/10 yellow / shiver

Rush of blood - 9/10 clocks / god put a smile upon your face

X & Y 8/10 fix you / white shadows

OVERALL 8.5 / 10

Summary / Both bands are fucking fantastic

State your idea of great music and we'll see whether you're this supposed conisseur of fine and non-"middling" music. Get on with it Socrates, we're waiting.

I think I might like Some Cities more than X&Y actually. The latter has more variety for sure, but there are just so many god damn solid songs from SC...ARoBTTH is stronger than The Last Broadcast and I'd say Parachutes is probably better than Lost Souls by a bit. Still, two amazing bands though.

State your idea of great music and we'll see whether you're this supposed conisseur of fine and non-"middling" music. Get on with it Socrates' date=' we're waiting.[/quote']

Glad to hear I have an appreciative audience.

If you go to what passes for your 'other music' forum here, I posted a list of fifty albums released in 2005 that I believe are better than X&Y.

Not an appreciative audience, just a person who's willing to indulge in the vast vats of your self-importance and ego for the moment. Now if you'll stop conflating the issues, I don't think anybody here claimed that X&Y was the best album of 2005, just that it wasn't lame, tedious, reprehensible, middling or any of the other adjectives that you'd use to describe it.

As for your list, you have a pretty large one going in there, of which many albums or EP's are highly overrated or downright suck. Beck? Past the shelf life already, do not listen to spoiled goods. Bloc Party? Vastly overrated shite, same with Architecture in Helsinki, Autechre, Caribou and Gorillaz and LCD Soundsystem. MIA's just dull, Mu's simply stupid aimless screeching, and Queens of the Stone Age certainly makes me wish I was back in the Stone Age. I'd suggest that you go find yourself some good music, and when you do, then feel free to come back and lecture us on the ways of the art of listening. Until then, you're in no position to say otherwise.

Hey' date=' if you want to listen to middling music, it can't be helped. I'm just telling it like it is.[/quote']

ok, fair enough, you don't like coldplay, hell i dont give a toss! but if you hate them why are you on here? it's just a bit strange

but whatever, post away my dear!

Not an appreciative audience, just a person who's willing to indulge in the vast vats of your self-importance and ego for the moment. Now if you'll stop conflating the issues, I don't think anybody here claimed that X&Y was the best album of 2005, just that it wasn't lame, tedious, reprehensible, middling or any of the other adjectives that you'd use to describe it.

As for your list, you have a pretty large one going in there, of which many albums or EP's are highly overrated or downright suck. Beck? Past the shelf life already, do not listen to spoiled goods. Bloc Party? Vastly overrated shite, same with Architecture in Helsinki, Autechre, Caribou and Gorillaz and LCD Soundsystem. MIA's just dull, Mu's simply stupid aimless screeching, and Queens of the Stone Age certainly makes me wish I was back in the Stone Age. I'd suggest that you go find yourself some good music, and when you do, then feel free to come back and lecture us on the ways of the art of listening. Until then, you're in no position to say otherwise.

Bad Beck is still better than the best Coldplay have ever offered, and the bundled remixes are great. Bloc Party's record, while not faultless, and with a short shelf life, is vastly more entertaining and exciting than X&Y. Calling Autechre 'overrated' should, in a just world, render you deaf so that you can never even by chance listen to good music in your life again and be found so very, very wanting. And calling Mu 'stupid aimless screeching' either betrays your complete ignorance or narrow-mindedness. You choose. I've put enough effort into replying to you as it is, and you only made derogatory comments about less than a fifth of the list. Have you not heard the others?

I've either not heard the rest of the albums or liked them enough myself that I wouldn't publicly slag them off, which is why I chose not to extend myself further than my reach. Nonetheless, I stand by all the comments that I've made, and those albums have been judged in my opinion to be found wanting and lacking. You can defend them however you wish and in the process, have trashed Coldplay as much as you want, but you haven't changed my mind, nor anyone else's. If your intention is to stir up shit and act like a stupid troll who's got nothing else better to do, you've done a pretty good job. But not good enough to keep anybody around long enough to listen to your rantings and ravings in the future. I see now that indulging in your petty fantasies was a mistake. I'll be sure not to repeat it.

Hey' date=' if you want to listen to middling music, it can't be helped. I'm just telling it like it is.[/quote']

ok, fair enough, you don't like coldplay, hell i dont give a toss! but if you hate them why are you on here? it's just a bit strange

but whatever, post away my dear!

how i luff you :kiss: