✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This is interesting

colduser

Sorry if this has been spoken of before but on the amazon.com there is an interesting take on the X&Y album sequence.

X&Y = TWISTED LOGIC, June 12, 2005

Reviewer: Math101 (Ann Arbor, MI) - See all my reviews

I'm wondering, has anyone considered that mathematical organization of the album? If you recall the graphing coordinates (X,Y), the x-axis and y-axis, this is the result:

(Square One, Speed of Sound) = (X1,Y1)

(What If, A Message) = (X2, Y2)

(White Shadows, Low) = (X3, Y3)

(Fix You, The Hardest Part) = (X4, Y4)

(Talk, Swallowed in the Sea) = (X5, Y5)

(X&Y, Twisted Logic) = (X6, Y6)

I'm wondering if there is some sort of hidden meaning or correlation between each pair. You could almost make sentences from each pairing by filling in the blanks. Just an interesting observation. This is a great album that makes for an interesting study.

The logic behind the Album Title is very simple, I'll quote from an article called Baby Maker or something:

"Every man and woman constitutes 22 pairs of chromosomes plus one pair that is the difference between them; these are the sexual chromosomes X and Y.

Men have the chromosomes pairing of XY and women have the pairing of XX."

Y'see, what Coldplay are doing with this album, is at last saying, "WE ARE MEN!" and is most apparent when they RAWR at the end of Fix You :charming:

The logic behind the Album Title is very simple, I'll quote from an article called Baby Maker or something:

"Every man and woman constitutes 22 pairs of chromosomes plus one pair that is the difference between them; these are the sexual chromosomes X and Y.

Men have the chromosomes pairing of XY and women have the pairing of XX."

Y'see, what Coldplay are doing with this album, is at last saying, "WE ARE MEN!" and is most apparent when they RAWR at the end of Fix You :charming:

hahahahaha, hillarious