July 10, 200521 yr iTunes is counting down to the 500 Millionth download, and to celebrate, they're giving away lots of prizes. And you know what their grand prize is? For the lucky user who gets the 500 Millionth Download, they will receive 10 iPods of their choice for friends and family, each with 50 song gift certificates, a 10,000 song gift card for the store, four, front-row center tickets for any Coldplay show of your choice and four backstage passes to meet n' greet the band. Not only is this the most awesome prize I think I've ever seen, but it just indicates how Coldplay have just ARRIVED. Tickets to their shows are part of the GRAND PRIZE for a huge contest. :) Good luck all you iTunes users! xD
July 10, 200521 yr I saw this on itunes too. :stunned: Wow, that's a huge prize, especially backstage passes :stunned:
July 10, 200521 yr You knuckeheads should relize that they're only doing this so that more people buy their music. I mean, they haven't even told us how many songs they still need. It's all marketing.
July 10, 200521 yr You knuckeheads should relize that they're only doing this so that more people buy their music. I mean' date=' they haven't even told us how many songs they still need. It's all marketing.[/quote'] You should also realize that every absolute thing (commercials, billboards, extra features on certain programs) is a marketing tool. Where you expecting otherwise? It's a good way to sell and iTunes is really large company, they're going to sell regardless. I'm got getting iTunes (I hateee that ACC or AAC format they're songs come in) but it's a good incentive to buy songs.
July 10, 200521 yr They're at 487,999,202 now. So, there's 12 million songs left to go. I wonder when they think they'll hit 500 million. I don't think it'll be long. Man, when it gets close, I'll be on there checking every few minutes! The prize is amazing...not only Coldplay tickets, but 10 IPODS? And a 10,000 song gift card! Who can even fit 10,000 songs on their computer??
July 11, 200521 yr Author You knuckeheads should relize that they're only doing this so that more people buy their music. I mean' date=' they haven't even told us how many songs they still need. It's all marketing.[/quote'] Actually, there's a huge counter right on their front page that's updated very few minuets.
July 12, 200521 yr That's even dumber. So everyone knows that the song they buy isn't gonna give them the prize.
July 12, 200521 yr dang it i don't use itunes i don't think. i gotta check on that. so what is it the person who is the 500 moillionth downloader wins?
July 12, 200521 yr Author That's even dumber. So everyone knows that the song they buy isn't gonna give them the prize. ...I think you just contradicted yourself.
July 12, 200521 yr nope. i haven't. it's dumb for us if they don't tell us the numbers. and it's dumb for them if they do.
July 12, 200521 yr That's even dumber. So everyone knows that the song they buy isn't gonna give them the prize. ...I think you just contradicted yourself. Seriously. Poor iTunes. Damned if you do, damned if you don't :lol:
July 12, 200521 yr Seriously. Poor iTunes. Damned if you do' date=' damned if you don't :lol:[/quote']huh? Sigh... You talked crap when you thought iTunes weren't providing a counter of some sort. Talked more crap when you found out they did. There. Understood everthing now? girlygirl, the person that gets the 500 Millionth Download from iTunes gets 10 free iPods with 50 song gift certificates, a 10,000 song gift card from the store and four front-row center tickets for any Coldplay show of your choice. Along with four backstage passes to meet the guys. Good stuff!
July 12, 200521 yr Whatever. I'm just not a huge fan of downloading music. If you like an artist a lot, buy the CD. If you like them a little bit, fileshare. That's my mentality.
July 12, 200521 yr Oh but iTunes isn't downloading music. You purchase it through there. You can buy cds and singles through it, I would but I don't like the AAC format they come in.
July 12, 200521 yr girlygirl, the person that gets the 500 Millionth Download from iTunes gets 10 free iPods with 50 song gift certificates, a 10,000 song gift card from the store and four front-row center tickets for any Coldplay show of your choice. Along with four backstage passes to meet the guys. Good stuff! thanks!!! all clear now!!
July 13, 200521 yr I got this contest announcement in a regular Apple email... what is ridiculous is that the ad includes: **No Purchase Necessary :lol: :lol: :lol:
July 14, 200521 yr I am bored, so forgive me if this was lame, but I timed the timer, and noticed it is selling 300 songs a minute, 18,000 per hour and so I figure that they will hit 500,000,000 in about 12 days-which would be July 26.
Create an account or sign in to comment