✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Singing + Guitar?

alyssa

Has anyone mastered this?

Lol, I started guitar about a year ago, and I could manage to sing a few words while playing A Message and Green Eyes... but anyone have any tips or something for coordination and independence and stuff?

EDIT: Oh yeah... and not only that... Drums and piano too... (those are easier though...)

I can play somethings and sing at the same time... Amsterdam, The Scientist, Clocks... not Daylight. I can't play much on guitar like that... Til Kingdom Come is impossible for me... I think I can do A Message... Warning Sign for sure I can do.

I dunno, I guess you just have to learn the song so well that it's natural for you, then work on the singing.

Argh, this is frustrating. :P I can play drums and sing, I can play piano and sing, but guitar just makes me completely uncoordinated, lol.

I'm a bit impatient because everything else I just learn in a snap. :P

But yeah... thanks for the tips! :D *starts playing Seven Nation Army*

Actually you don't want to be coordinated. As I like to think, you're actually uncoordinating your brain from working together (ie left and right side) because you are trying to do too many things at once.

But maybe that's just me. Everytime I try to sing and play I always think of splitting my brain in two. XD

Actually you don't want to be coordinated. As I like to think, you're actually uncoordinating your brain from working together (ie left and right side) because you are trying to do too many things at once.

But maybe that's just me. Everytime I try to sing and play I always think of splitting my brain in two. XD

Sorry... lol. I mean independence. :D

you know, glarbinator does have a point. Looking back at it, learning how to sing and play guitar was not an easy thing to do. ha ha. I remember the process from can't sing, to singing a few words, to finally managing to sing (very badly) a song and then to sing while playing guitar. The funny thing is that once I've mastered a song on guitar and can play with ease, I find that sometimes I'll forget the lyrics and I'm like "damn it! that should be the easy part!". So yeah, just keep working on it man. Master the song on guitar first, memorize the lyrics. Start with easy songs first. Wonderwall would be a good start.

• 2 weeks later...