✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Talk Single Release date?

stevemah

Here is what Wikipedia are saying (and they had the picture of the Fix You single cover before most):

"Talk" is the third single off British alternative rockers Coldplay's third album X&Y. Its confirmed release date is January 23, 2006.

Coldplay received permission from the electronica band Kraftwerk to use the main riff from their song "Computer Love" for "Talk", replacing Kraftwerk's synthesizers with guitars.

The band recorded three separate versions of "Talk"; the one found on X&Y was based on an early cut of the song. A newer version of the track (with a different set of lyrics) was leaked onto the internet in March 2005. "Talk" was originally intended to be a B-side for the single "Speed of Sound" before becoming the last addition to X&Y's track listing.

Personally I think it is great they are releasing Talk because it is very different to Speed Of Sound and Fix You and maybe the public will warm to it a bit more. All we can do is wait!

i'm abit bummed they are releasing Talk... not one of my favorites on the album.. i would've liked if they'd released A Message.

about fix you, I know alot of people from this forum really like it, I do too, but it's more a song that we'd like, but alot of people i talked to really didn't like it. They say it sounds abit too winy. They also don't play it as much as they did Speed of Sound

i'm abit bummed they are releasing Talk... not one of my favorites on the album.. i would've liked if they'd released A Message.

about fix you, I know alot of people from this forum really like it, I do too, but it's more a song that we'd like, but alot of people i talked to really didn't like it. They say it sounds abit too winy. They also don't play it as much as they did Speed of Sound

personally Talk is a good choice for me because it isn't one of my favourites... that way one of my favourite songs won;t be played til its dead on radio lol...

so Coldplay please save A Message and Swallowed in the Sea for the ones who own the album

personally Talk is a good choice for me because it isn't one of my favourites... that way one of my favourite songs won;t be played til its dead on radio lol...

so Coldplay please save A Message and Swallowed in the Sea for the ones who own the album

I know exactly what you mean! My friends always assume that i'd want them to release my favourites on the album but its the opposite, i dont, because im always a bit worried they'll be competely overplayed and they'll end up not sounding as special to me as they 1st did.

So Coldplay please dont release Low/Square One/White Shadows/A Message!!! :lol: