✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

stupid iPod question...

berrywoman

Open up iPod updater, plug your iPod in, and try to update it. If you can't, then you have the latest (which it will label on the screen.)

As for generations, The first gen had the clickwheel and the four buttons on the top

Second gen looked like it but was a little different can't remember the difference.

Third gen was basically the iPod we have now

Fourth gen is clickwheel.

Open up iPod updater, plug your iPod in, and try to update it. If you can't, then you have the latest (which it will label on the screen.)

As for generations, The first gen had the clickwheel and the four buttons on the top

Second gen looked like it but was a little different can't remember the difference.

well I have the click wheel.. and a color screen... does this make it 5th?

• 3 weeks later...

I think Apple has pretty much lost sight of what generations their iPods are :D . The new video iPod is definitely a 5th generation, so that might go with the color one. As for iPod nanos, I believe thats 3rd generation iPod mini, but I could be wrong.

well I have the click wheel.. and a color screen... does this make it 5th?

Fourth. There is no 5th gen as of late, and colour screen doesn't affect anything, except meaning that it's fourth gen.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well... You are slightly mistaken. The first generation iPod came out in like 2002. It was big, clunky, had tacktile buttons and a physical scroll wheel. The second gen was virtually the same designwise, but had a touch-sensitive scroll pad. The 3rd generation iPod can a touch-sensitive wheel and the four buttons on the top. Then came the 4th generation iPod with the clickwheel and grayscale screen. The iPod Photo (with the color screen) is actually its own line of iPods so its the 1st gen iPod Photo. Then the grayscale 4th gen. iPods were given color screens, but they are still 4th generation. And as of recently they cam out with a 5th generation video-playing iPod. The minis and nanos are also their own line of iPods.

There's a brief summary of iPod history for you! Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...
my ipod just stopped working one day for no apparent reason (didn't fall or anything' date=' battery is in there charged and everything)... do you have any idea what could've happened?[/quote']

Did you have the "hold" button on when you tried turning it on or charging?? :huh:

I hope that for their sake nobody would be that stupid.

For the person who said that theirs stopped working, you most likely dropped it. iPods don't just stop working.

Your battery could also need replacing.

My iPod just stopped working, Luigio

Mine, for instance (I've had it since early August 05) suddenly won't connect to my PC or laptop, and this means I can't put any new music on.

It connects to the computer and shows the "Do not disconnect" thing but it doesn't show up in my desktop (My Computer) or iTunes.

It still played music, until last night where I turned it on and all of a sudden there was nothing on it. Can anyone explain that?

Apparenly many people are having the can't connect problem, and a few have said recently that their iPods have stopped working with the new update Apple released.

Also, Apple customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. And if you're thinking of buying an iPod. DON'T!!!. Seriously.. Buy a Creative or something. Apple is ridiculous.

my ipod just stopped working one day for no apparent reason (didn't fall or anything' date=' battery is in there charged and everything)... do you have any idea what could've happened?[/quote']

Did you have the "hold" button on when you tried turning it on or charging?? :huh:

I hope that for their sake nobody would be that stupid.

It does happen :lol: