✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Come Together Now compilation (it's not a new Chris joke !)

LifeLight

From Billboard

Labels Band Together For Katrina Compilation

By Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

The four major labels, Concord Music Group and the Recording Industry Association of America are teaming for a double-disc compilation to benefit victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. "Hurricane Relief: Come Together Now" is expected in mid-November and boasts contributions from Coldplay, Fats Domino, Barbra Streisand, Dave Matthews Band, Elton John and James Brown, among many others.

Proceeds have been earmarked for the American Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity and the MusiCares Hurricane Relief Fund.

Among the notable tunes featured on the disc is the new "Heart of America," penned by Tim Blixseth and featuring Wynonna, Michael McDonald and Eric Benet. The artists will perform the song next week before the third game of the Major League Baseball World Series.

Another new tune, "Come Together Now," was penned by actress Sharon Stone with songwriters Denise Rich, Damon Sharpe and Mark Feist. It features nearly 30 artists, such as the Game, Aaron and Nick Carter, Celine Dion, Mya, Joss Stone, Ruben Studdard and Wyclef Jean.

The album also features live versions of Coldplay's "Fix You," John's "I'm Still Standing," Brown's "Try Me" and John Fogerty's "Born on the Bayou," the unreleased Streisand song "I Believe" and a Dave Matthews Band/Robert Randolph collaboration, "Louisiana Bayou."

Also featured on the set is an all-star cover of Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven," originally organized by Sharon Osbourne in the wake of the Asian tsunami last year. The song features music by Velvet Revolver and vocal contributions from John, Mary J. Blige, Rod Stewart, Gwen Stefani, Ozzy and Kelly Osbourne, Aerosmith' Steven Tyler and Phil Collins, among others.

"Tears in Heaven" will be available beginning today (Oct. 18) exclusively from the iTunes Music Store, with proceeds to benefit Save the Children. Money from international purchases will be given to tsunami relief organizations.

Here is the tentative track list for "Come Together Now":

"Coming Out of the Dark/Always Tomorrow," Gloria Estefan

"Try Me," James Brown

"Any Other Day," Norah Jones and Wyclef Jean

"I Believe," Barbra Streisand

"The Great Mississippi Flood," Clint Black

"Louisiana Bayou," Dave Matthews Band and Robert Randolph

"Devotion," Earth, Wind & Fire

"When the Saints Go Marching In," Kirk Whalum and Coolio

"Heart So Heavy," John Mayer and Aaron Neville

"City Beneath the Sea," Harry Connick Jr.

"Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans," Louis Armstrong

"Come Together Now," Various Artists

"Walking to New Orleans," Fats Domino

"Fix You," Coldplay

"Believe," Lenny Kravitz

"Brothers," Neville Brothers

"I Will Not Be Broken," Bonnie Raitt

"Tears in Heaven," Various Artists

"Love and Mercy," Brian Wilson

"Heart of America," Wynonna, Michael McDonald and Eric Benet

"I'm Still Standing," Elton John

"Moon Over Bourbon Street," Sting