✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth - get off her back!

mindah

I have to say, whether you like Gwyneth or not, I think it's ridiculous that the media take something she said in a nice article about London in Marie Claire magazine completely out of context and make her seem like a bitch! I don't know how she and Chris stand it!

i rarely post in this section, but, if i were Gwyneth and/or Chris...i wouldn't care if the people who read that magazine, or pretty much 95% of all other magazines, hated them. Because the type of people who read them and then form their opinions from magazines and photographs, are stupid. :) i definitely wouldn't waste any of my time trying to explain whatever she meant by her answer [which i don't know what it was].

There's probably more interesting people in your street if you take to time to get to know them, rather than someone who you're never going to meet. That's what i think :)

This is to be expected of the media, isn't it though? It's been going on for ages with any number of celebrities. It just shouldn't be anything new for them. In fact, I give them huge credit for not breaking up, as many do. A lot of couples with that much media attention surrounding them end up in the gutter after a couple years. And here they are, most likely expecting a second child.

It must be tiring for them, but they have to be used to it by this point. I, personally, could never stand it.

completely agree. I don't want to sound like one of the mental people on the board.., but it's a good thing that Chris often says how great their own lives are. I'm sure he must feel like saying "actually, i'm having a shit day, and can't to bothered to talk to another person i've never met before and talk about an album i finished recording over a year ago and sound excited about it"

If he said something like that i wouldn't care! but it's good he never seems to take for granted the lucky position they're in.

Couldn't agree with you more.

I always feel pretty nauseated when watching shows like E!, Access Hollywood or Extra. I remember a day after Katrina was finally leaving New Orleans I turned on Access Hollywood (there was nothing else on :rolleyes: ) and all they kept saying was "How does this effect celebrities!? Celebrity homes, washed away!!"

I turned it off. It's disgusting how obsessed with celebrity we are. I admit, to an extent I am. But never to THAT extent. Do I give a shit about Nicolas Cage's (just picking a random celeb name right now) 4th house having a flooded basement? No.

Bah. It's so sad. Or even all the obsessiveness about that model who clung to a tree when the asian tsunami hit. Sure, that really is a couragous story but give me a break.

completely agree. I don't want to sound like one of the mental people on the board.., but it's a good thing that Chris often says how great their own lives are. I'm sure he must feel like saying "actually, i'm having a shit day, and can't to bothered to talk to another person i've never met before and talk about an album i finished recording over a year ago and sound excited about it"

If he said something like that i wouldn't care! but it's good he never seems to take for granted the lucky position they're in.

I agree. It's so great that Chris genuinley understands just how lucky they are. Like on the Live2003 dvd tour diary when he's saying about driving through what used to be a rainforest but was now a 'dust ball' and how it made him realise that on one hand making an album seems so unimportant when there are much bigger issues to deal with in this world, but on the other hand that they should use their amazing opportunities wisely and not 'piss them away'. He's got such a level head on him. All of them do. Considering their fame they are so humble and i just love that about them. I hope they never change! :)

yes that's true! :cool:

I think that she was referring to the thing about it in the Coldplay news section..

maybe Im wrong.

I dunno... :smug:

Yes, this was what I was referring to.

And you're all right about how stupid it is to waste time worrying about the media. I was just reading about it in the news section and I thought that it would bother me if people thought horrible things about me because the media was misquoting me. And I know things like that bother Chris, he's said so many times.

From the bbc.co.uk Radio1 section:

Gwynnie laughs off baby rumours

Quizzed about the claims at the UK premiere of her new movie Proof, actress Gwyneth Paltrow says: "Who said anything about pregnancy? Don't tell me that you believe what you read in the papers?! I don't read it... I stay far away from them."

• 3 weeks later...

I am just happy that he's with her and not some other floozy that I really hate. They make a gorgeous couple. I bet Apple is going to be so pretty.

Also, Gywneth seems like she's got a good head on her shoulders and she doesn't crave the spotlight like a lot of celebs. And she didn't let Madonna brainwash her into becoming a Kabbalist like most of the idiots in Hollywood...do I need to mention names? ;)