Nettie

jonny001.gif

lead guitars

born : 11 September 1977

in : Mold, Wales, UK

education

Astronomy - University College, London

See UCL alumni page here.

Jonny was initially borne in London and lived there until the age of four when his family moved to Mold, North Wales. He was encouraged into the music scene by his elder brother who was a big fan of 'My Bloody Valentine'. Jonny started playing the guitar at the age of eleven after being spurned on by the 'Stone Roses'. To date, he still counts his musical influences on guitar greats like Eric Clapton, George Harrison and Jimi Hendrix.

Both his parents are teachers - his dad of biology and chemistry and his mum worked with delinquent youth. He used to play loads of football ( a firm supporter of the Tottenham Hotspurs) but insists that he " was never quite good at it ". At the age of 10, he appeared on stage with a school rap group, belting out songs that he had written himself. He had wanted to be an astronaut at first before finally deciding to do music for good.

He would probably come across as a little quiet and shy but he does talk occasionally during interviews and can be quite funny too. And although Guy Berryman can be mistaken for broody, Buckland is just a little coy. His shyness, however is made up by the fact that he is a brilliant guitarist and the rifts of the music played are always so suitably executed. What would Coldplay be without Jonny?

I just watched it..

Awwww Chris and Will were there, but no Jonny or Guy, and They were just talking, and they showed Fix You video..

I was a little disapointed....

But I now my mom thinks that Chris is cute...

And then she said that Will has a big head..

But whocares..

its a cute head. :blush:

haha..

:lol:

Thanks for the update...

Who cares about them talking and showing the video? The big news with the original post was this:

Austin City Limits: (#3108) - Coldplay on PBC Saturday 17th December @ 9pm

That's the thing to look forward to.

do you think if it's going to be a performance..i know PBS shows performances from Austin City Limits (they showed Rilo Kiley), but usually the shows are intimate settings and showcase bands/singers who are not very famous.