✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

::: Born blind...or become blind? :::

ClearAsCrystal

Okay...so, i had this open discussion the other day (and that thread love and lose or never loved at all) reminded me of this.

If ....IF you had to choose, which you don't, would you rather have experienced vision for some years and then lose your eyesight

(another view <<pun? ... lose somthing that gave you such enjoyment)

OR..

Would you rather not go through a painful experience of having and then losing the vision and have been born blind?

I dunno. Sometimes I think it would be the most awful thing to lose something that you have enjoyed for soooo long. But then again, if you do lose the vision after all that time, you will have at least experienced it and you know what colors are and what objects look like and all that.

nope in my opinion,if you become blind it's more painful to live after.you saw the sky,the rivers,the mountains...but in one moment all gone... :uneasy: i think for people who were born blind maybe easier to live with the thaught that they're blind.i don't know how to be blind,i cannot know it for sure

anyway,gute nacht Miguel :D

if you were born blind' date='maybe it's easier to live after,but i don't know only a thaught.to loose your sight...it might be terrible,but i would fight to get it back or just live as blind,but don't want to think about it...[/quote']

agreed

mmm i think there's a general consensus here that we'd rather be born blind than become blind. i agree with it too. if you were born blind, you wouldn't know any better. off course you would think "i wonder what it's like to be able to see" but it's not the same as experiencing this and then never being able to experience sight again.

i could sit here and say that if i were to become blind now i'd say "at least i had the opportunity to be able to see in the first place and experience good vision" but i know that if it came to it, i'd be bitter as hell and would never be the same again.

i agree with you headless chick, in that i'd rather be blind than deaf. i can't sleep at night because i hate complete and utter silence. i have to sleep with the fan on so i can hear the motor or something. i would hate to be deaf. ahhh. :dead: i hate thinking about this stuff. :dead:

mmm i think there's a general consensus here that we'd rather be born blind than become blind. i agree with it too. if you were born blind, you wouldn't know any better. off course you would think "i wonder what it's like to be able to see" but it's not the same as experiencing this and then never being able to experience sight again.

i could sit here and say that if i were to become blind now i'd say "at least i had the opportunity to be able to see in the first place and experience good vision" but i know that if it came to it, i'd be bitter as hell and would never be the same again.

i agree with you headless chick, in that i'd rather be blind than deaf. i can't sleep at night because i hate complete and utter silence. i have to sleep with the fan on so i can hear the motor or something. i would hate to be deaf. ahhh. :dead: i hate thinking about this stuff. :dead:

Completely agree ..( I do the fan thing too!)

Well... I think I have a more experienced view on this than you guys do...

But...

I'd rather die.

2 of my grandparents were blind (one of them, my nan, is still alive - my grandad died a few years ago). My mothers parents.

Now, my Grandad was born blind (my greatgrandmother caught malaria or something when pregnant), and my nan was hit by a car at 11 which caused her total sight loss.

After seeing them live their lives and hear things that happened to them, and seeing how much they rely on other people (my mom, and my aunts) it's really something I couldn't stand.

My nan can't walk, and that's plainly cause she couldn't exercise like most people can, she couldn't go and run or anything so now whenever I see her I have to help her with moving around her flat, and she's gonna have to go into care soon cause she can't even manage walking along a railing now.

My grandad was slightly better suited to it, he never knew sight so he didn't miss it as much, and he played piano and used to work as a typist.

But can you imagine that? Getting married, having 3 children, having 10 grandchildren and not being able to see any of them, at all? If there was a sudden cure for blindness and my nan got it, and I walked in the room and didn't say a word... She wouldn't know who I was. Sight is such an important sense and perhaps most of you don't realise that as much as I have (all down to experiences, I'm sorry if any of you have sight problems, or know people who have).

All I know is that if I got in an accident and had a choice between staying alive but being blind, or death. I'd choose death. Every time. Losing my sight is my worst fear.

Blindness is a pretty strong subject with me, as you might be able to tell. Sorry if I come across somewhat aggressive.