✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Japanese X&Y question

madmod2001

I recently imported the japanese version of X&y to get the bonus song "how you see the world". I went through a reputable seller and as far as I can see the album I received is legit (stupid copy protection and everthing), but the bonus song on it is not "how you see the world", but "pour me" instead. I've contacted the company to see about an exchange. My question here is was there a Japan release with pour me instead of HYSTW? Did I get a copy with an error or worse (a well made bootleg)? Thanks.

thanks. The company is going to let me return the cd and I'm going to try again with another copy. I definately think it's a legit cd that was misprinted or something (it has the obi and the copy protection. Why would a bootleger bother putting that on there). THanks again.

Hello! :)

Oh my case is exactly the same. I wasn't expecting the hidden bonus track to be Pour Me (live) at all! Then I searched "coldplay x&y" on http://www.amazon.co.jp and saw that there are 2 Japanese CCCD versions, one of which is a lower-priced (1,680 yen) limited edition in white cover instead of the usual blue one.

Mine is that one and I think that is the problem, >_-" ... is it not?

From what I understand, there are indeed two versions of the Japanese X&Y. You need to buy the one with the blue X&Y cover to get HYSTW as the hidden bonus track. The one with the white cover has Pour Me. I bought the blue one, and it does have HYSTW as the hidden bonus track.

• 1 year later...
I recently imported the japanese version of X&y to get the bonus song "how you see the world". I went through a reputable seller and as far as I can see the album I received is legit (stupid copy protection and everything), but the bonus song on it is not "how you see the world", but "pour me" instead. I've contacted the company to see about an exchange. My question here is was there a Japan release with pour me instead of HYSTW? Did I get a copy with an error or worse (a well made bootleg)? Thanks.

The same thing happened to me!! I just bought X&Y, the Japanese Import from a reputable source on eBay, and it has the white cover, Japanese writing, and copy protection (i cant play it on my computer), and when I went to the end of "Til kingdom come," it was a live song, not HYSTW (I assume it was pour me). I'm super disappointed! I hope the company will take it back.

I want to get the real X&Y Import with HYSTW. What specifics do I need to look for and where can I get it? How can I differentiate it from the one that I got?

PM Me and let me know if this happened to you and let me know what you did!

EVERYONE WITH THIS PROBLEM, READ THIS!!! instead of ignoring the words bta burnt calaries typing to help you out with your conundrum! this is a short and ACCURATE paragraph! ahh, the best of both worlds....

From what I understand, there are indeed two versions of the Japanese X&Y. You need to buy the one with the blue X&Y cover to get HYSTW as the hidden bonus track. The one with the white cover has Pour Me. I bought the blue one, and it does have HYSTW as the hidden bonus track.

BEFORE purchasing the Japanes release of the record, VERIFY the tracklisting. DO NOT EVER EVER EVER trust the photograph attached to the item! These sellers DID NOT intentionally mislead you; the dual release in itself is the point of confusion.

EVERYONE WITH THIS PROBLEM, READ THIS!!! instead of ignoring the words bta burnt calaries typing to help you out with your conundrum! this is a short and ACCURATE paragraph! ahh, the best of both worlds....

BEFORE purchasing the Japanes release of the record, VERIFY the tracklisting. DO NOT EVER EVER EVER trust the photograph attached to the item! These sellers DID NOT intentionally mislead you; the dual release in itself is the point of confusion.

I know, I read it. I'm not trying to get into a heated battle about it. The directions weren't specific enough, and often the pictures I've seen are incorrect. I'm looking for something like a UPC code or some other way I can verify that it is, in fact, the CD w/ HYSTW and not the one with Pour Me.

If you want to know which Japanese version you are buying, check the catalogue number. They will begin with TOCP

These are the Japanese issues of X&Y

TOCP-66370 Original X&Y issue with 2 bonus tracks including HYSTW

TOCP-66465 Limited Low price release with white sleeve with Pour Me (Live).

TOCP-66523 2-CD Special Edition limited release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Not sure which of these is which here but this might help:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/X-Y-Coldplay/dp/B0007INZXO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=IM6VEUWL3NQIZ&colid=3U22Y3RH46Z2]Amazon.com: X&Y: Coldplay: Music[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/X-Y-Coldplay/dp/B000AU1NY2/ref=tmm_acd_title_9]Amazon.com: X&Y: Coldplay: Music[/ame]

Both from toshiba EMI japan.

What in tarnation?

Useful resource for all the releases:

First Japanese Pressing, Blue Front, with How You See the World No. 1 as hidden bonus track: http://www.discogs.com/Coldplay-XY/release/822292

Second Japanese Pressing, White Front, with Pour Me as a hidden bonus track: http://www.discogs.com/Coldplay-XY/release/822378

2CD Release, Black Front with all the the B-sides: http://www.discogs.com/Coldplay-XY/release/927337

Hope that things will clear up ;)