March 20, 200620 yr I was just wondering what's your ISP's and maybe some extra info about them. Info like: limit of downloads/uploads, internet speed, and that kind of stuff. :)
March 20, 200620 yr ISP is your internet service provider. Basically the company that's providing the internet services for you (like Bellsouth, AOL, Adelphia, Comcast..etc). Not sure about the downloads/upload limits/speeds.. I think that comes down to their servers whether or not one uses dial-up/cable/DSL/broadband.
March 20, 200620 yr AOL Gold: No download/upload limits 2 mbps downspeed, 512 kbps upspeed Comes fully loaded with access to millions of music videos and music sessions :)
March 20, 200620 yr Author HOLY SHIT Dave! I wish my ISP was like that. Here's some info about mine: NetVisao 13GB download/upload 512kb/s download speed, 128kb/s upload speed. I know it's crappy. :cry:
March 21, 200620 yr :thinking: are we really suppose to share that type of info??? all I know is I have a real shit ISP... I mean the service is great.. but they are such a rip off.... damn Cablevision. :angry:
March 21, 200620 yr Author It's just pure curiosity because I heard that the internet services are way better in other countries than in mine. If you want to share it, you do. You don't have to feel obliged to do it. It's not like I'm asking your client number or something that's confidential. It's just pure curiosity but I'm sorry if this was a stupid question.
March 21, 200620 yr ahh haha no worries lol I don't even know how to find out all that jargon anyways lol all I know is my IP addy and service provider lol but where does one look for such info.. because now I am curious lol and whats a client number? :thinking:
March 21, 200620 yr Author On my ISP they give a client number to acess their services and it's also for better security. :) I don't know if it works that way with your ISP. Maybe you should go to your ISP site to know the kind of info we're posting here. ;)
March 21, 200620 yr :thinking: are we really suppose to share that type of info??? all I know is I have a real shit ISP... I mean the service is great.. but they are such a rip off.... damn Cablevision. :angry: They can't really use any of the information for any evil purposes.
March 22, 200620 yr um.. no one really answered my question... :P I want to know how to find out all this jargon!!! :P
March 22, 200620 yr Author Maybe you should go to your ISP website to know what we're talking about. ;)
March 22, 200620 yr um.. no one really answered my question... :P I want to know how to find out all this jargon!!! :P So you don't know which internet service provider your signed up with?
Create an account or sign in to comment