✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The "Official" Coldplaying Watch Party!

an_cat

Do you have NBC? If you do, then put on the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams TONIGHT at 6:30pm (that's USA Eastcoast time, ;))

Dear :

My journey began in Africa in 1984, when I went to Ethiopia. On my last day there, a man handed me his baby and said, "Take him with you." He knew in Ireland his son would live, in Ethiopia his son would die.

That was the moment my journey began, and today, it's continuing across Africa. I spent the last week listening to and learning from the beautiful, proud people of Lesotho, Rwanda, Tanzania, Nigeria, Mali, and now here in Ghana.

Every person I have met only makes me more hopeful, more convinced that Africa is rising.

It's about lives saved and transformed, it's about the girl who gets to go to school, the mothers who will live to raise their children because of life-saving AIDS drugs, the entrepreneurs thriving and providing jobs...

It is not about charity, it's about justice. Together as ONE, we can do even more... this is our civil rights movement.

Today we are in Ghana where NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams will broadcast live from Africa for the first time. I hope you'll tune in and even turn up at a house party near you and see some of the hope, the new mood in Africa, I've witnessed here.

My journey has brought me back to Africa - I hope I can share a small part of that with you today.

Thanks,

Bono

Discuss and share your thoughts here! I couldn't host or attend a house-watch party, so I guess this is as close as I can get!:cool:

lol Dannie, be a little more excited, will ya?!?

I'm so pumped for this!!! Got a semi sneak peak last night on ABC, as they showed Bono in Mali. Yes, Mali of all places! My dad swore he saw Zali on TV. lol

This is going to be a long watch party, as we are all in different time zones. :P Few more hours to go for me...

Sorry I'm uh..... 0.0

:stunned:

Not to let the news of new U2 songs overshadow why he's there, and the message he's conveying... but.... :stunned: I did NOT expect to hear THAT.

I hope this shuts all those dumb people up who are all "Bono's arrogant, Bono's this, Bono's that". Oh, far from it ye people of tiny minds!

The people of Africa are SO beautiful.... It's something people forget very easily.

EDIT:

And for you people who are missing it, well, I'm sure some crazy ass U2 fan will upload the whole thing on Interference by tomorrow ;)

Wow. Great news about the clinics being re-opened due to debt relief.

Unbelievable.

Frankly, this broadcast was much too short, they should have an hour special on it. It's important enough.

AWWWWWWWWWW The children are SO beautiful!!! Listen to them sing :nice: