🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Zune or Ipod

You claim to be a Zune supporter, yet you have a iPod-esque avi? :thinking:

From what I've seen of the Zune, it seems to be a solid player with nice features (and a bigger screen), but I'm so attached to my video iPod (and iTunes), I don't think I'd want to switch over.

I'm really interested in the Creative Zen at the moment... but it will be a long time before I can get anything new. Still stuck with my poor messed up minidisk player.

Creative Zen, one of the best (if not the best) mp3 player. The one thing which let's it down is the Creative software.

One of the reasons why the iPod is so popular is that iTunes is so easy to use.

This poll isn't a very valid poll, because people are going to be biased in their opinions depending on what device people have. The majority of people don't have iPod's and Zunes to judge what player they like better.

But I would have to say, I love the cleanness of iTunes, and how easily operated it is. The only thing I really dislike about iTunes is that it can be a bit frozen at times, usually you just click a few times to give it the boot and its fine.

One other thing I dislike about the iPod/iTunes is that you can't take songs off of an iPod and upload it to a computer, but thats something ones expected to deal with I guess when piracy and file sharing is on the rise I suppose.

This poll isn't a very valid poll, because people are going to be biased in their opinions depending on what device people have. The majority of people don't have iPod's and Zunes to judge what player they like better.

But I would have to say, I love the cleanness of iTunes, and how easily operated it is. The only thing I really dislike about iTunes is that it can be a bit frozen at times, usually you just click a few times to give it the boot and its fine.

One other thing I dislike about the iPod/iTunes is that you can't take songs off of an iPod and upload it to a computer, but thats something ones expected to deal with I guess when piracy and file sharing is on the rise I suppose.

Actually, there is a way to take files off, you just have to work out the kinks. :P

The files are hidden in the iPod, so all you have to do is reveal the hidden folders...

http://destraynor.com/serendipity/index.php?/archives/26-How-to-get-music-off-your-iPod.html

Zune all the way. Bought one off ebay a few months ago, and it is brilliant. The screen is much bigger than an iPod Video for playing videos, and the UI is pretty good as well

The only downside is the software, but because it is very similar to windows media player, it is easy to use.

Plus there is something special about a Zune, because not everyone has one. Most people seem to have an iPod and I think they are just a bit boring now!

ZUNE FTW!!!

Microsoft's poor attempt at trying to beat the iPod.

:p

Although it would be difficult to say that zune is not healthy competition, from what I've seen, it seems to be more impressive than the ipod.

I dont like the brown model though.

And I reckon the next ipod (due out christmas time) could very well blow Zune out of the water, with its touch screen controls and stuff similar to what will be available on iphone.