✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What brands do you swear by?

Wally

Hmmm..

Clothes wise: primark red hoodies, cheap H&M tshirts, Nike Air Force Ones and any nice jeans :D and stuff from foot locker.

Other stuff... Mak Takeaway Pizza (local), Tetleys teabags, Microsoft, Mozilla, some other things. Sony Ericsson phones. hmm. theres more.

Ever since I studied marketing for a while, I've never been able to stand brands at all. Seeing how branding works just completly turned me off of it. I'll go with what works, but I try to leave the label out of it (it's virtually impossible to escape completly). The thing that really bugs me about it is that so many brands are bought up, swapped around, contracted out and so on that you can't count on it really having an identity beyond the label at all. Just look at the tainted pet food scandal... all those different name brands... all getting some of their food from the SAME third party company. And it didn't matter if it was discount brand or gourmet food either.

Branding as we know it today has to be one of the most subtle, insidious, pervasive forms of brainwashing known to man. And the annoying part is that it works. :disappointed:

Ever since I studied marketing for a while, I've never been able to stand brands at all. Seeing how branding works just completly turned me off of it. I'll go with what works, but I try to leave the label out of it (it's virtually impossible to escape completly). The thing that really bugs me about it is that so many brands are bought up, swapped around, contracted out and so on that you can't count on it really having an identity beyond the label at all. Just look at the tainted pet food scandal... all those different name brands... all getting some of their food from the SAME third party company. And it didn't matter if it was discount brand or gourmet food either.

Branding as we know it today has to be one of the most subtle, insidious, pervasive forms of brainwashing known to man. And the annoying part is that it works. :disappointed:

All my preferences are to do with practicality, nothing else.;)

Depends on what the item is. If they're jeans, I usually get them on sale. I got really great skinny jeans there for 50% off. But it's for like a shirt I don't mind spending some money on it, as long as it's going to be an investment in my wardrobe.