✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How in the blue hell is Viva la Vida winning in the poll?

ChadBC

http://www.coldplaying.com/index.php?name=Polls&req=results&pollID=86

595 people voted that Viva la Vida is the best song on the album. I disagree, completely. I KNOW it's all based on a opinion. Don't get me wrong, VLV is a LOVELY song. But, it's way too cheesy for me. How can you compare VLV to Strawberry Swing or Chinese Sleep Chant or Yes or even Lovers in Japan?!

Again, I am sorry for the bitch fest. But, does anyone at all agree with me?

I haven't heard the other songs as I am going to wait till the album comes out in OZ. But I am a little worried that alot of people think VLV is there fav. Your right about it being a cheesy song. I give it about a 6.5 out of 10. The song is nothing special at all. I am hoping the other songs are so much better otherwise I will be disapointed with the album.

I dont agree, I like VLV as much if not a little more than all of the songs that you mentioned. Those songs are all great as well. My only negative opinions are 42 is too short and ROL is the cheesy song and if it were left off the album I wouldnt be bummed. Every other song met my expectation or just blew me away. VLV and SS are at the top of the list for me

Well, the only other one on the album I've heard is Violet Hill, which beats Viva La Vida by a mile in my opinion. But that may be the issue right there. A lot of people liked VLV more than VH, and if they haven't given in and listened to the rest of the album early...well, it's pretty obvious what they'll pick. Only the real superfans (and not even all of them) have heard anything besides VH and VLV at this point. I'd say, wait until they do another poll a week or so after the album comes out. The results may be very different.

(I voted for 42 even though I haven't heard it yet, but I'm a weirdo. :P)

Or, it may turn out to be this album's Fix You or Yellow...

Well, the only other one on the album I've heard is Violet Hill, which beats Viva La Vida by a mile in my opinion. But that may be the issue right there. A lot of people liked VLV more than VH, and if they haven't given in and listened to the rest of the album early...well, it's pretty obvious what they'll pick. Only the real superfans (and not even all of them) have heard anything besides VH and VLV at this point. I'd say, wait until they do another poll a week or so after the album comes out. The results may be very different.

Or, it may turn out to the this album's Fix You or Yellow...

Good to see someone with as much will power as me...and yeah VH is much better than VLV.

Or, it may turn out to be this album's Fix You or Yellow...

Nope. Not at all. ;)

Yeah, in my opinion Violet Hill is way better than VLV. But, still Violet Hill is one of the less voted songs.

Well, like I said, most people are just choosing between those two, and I think some other poll showed an overwhelming majority picking VLV over VH. And if there are even better songs than those on the rest of the album, that means hardly anyone would vote for VH. There's still hope for popular sanity. :P

wellllll, you could look at it from this perspective. Alot of people don't know the album yet, the poeple voting aren't all diehard fans so may well not have heard the rest of the album. If they heard it on MTV and liked it, its quite possibly stuck freshly in their mind