✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Has America lost talent?

iPlay181

I was just on iTunes and I saw that Miley Cryus was on the top 10 charts. I'm very open to music so I listened to the 30 second preview, and I'm almost totally convinced that the United States simply does not produce ANY good artists anymore. Sure we have Moby, Joe Satriani, The Beach Boys and the like, but they were way back then. Even the early '90s hip-hop was good, but now? I just don't know. We're coming out with all these untalented people who call themselves musicians. First it was Soulja Boy or whatever and now it's Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus, I'm just starting to lose all hope. All this is happening in America while Britain has Coldplay, Radiohead, Muse and the like. Scotland is coming with Mogwai, Isreal & Germany are coming out with great electronic artists such as Infected Mushroom and Booka Shade. I'm just praying that the US doesn't get wiped off the international charts and that a hero can rise up and really be called an artist and make great American music. Well, that's my rant, what do you think? Members of all nationalities are welcome to speak, I don't care if you're in Europe, America, or on the moon, I just want to know what other people think.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Miley Cyrus is a musical genius who dwarfs Coldplay and wins grammy's faster than A-Rod makes money.

:laugh3:

ah yes, she is just the most talented individual of our time, she can be a ho, sing like crap, act as a melodramatic teenager (which she doesnt do very well), and hold down a job, all at the same time!

Hey, Miley Cyrus is a musical genius who dwarfs Coldplay and wins grammy's faster than A-Rod makes money.

:laugh3:

ah yes, she is just the most talented individual of our time, she can be a ho, sing like crap, act as a melodramatic teenager (which she doesnt do very well), and hold down a job, all at the same time!

Honestly I think America still has the talent...

...problem is, we're too keen on image + sales, thus the massive distraction from making good music. Or actually noticing good music. :rolleyes:

*sigh* Slightly embarassed though. Maybe we'll snap out of it? Although I'm feeling cynical at the moment, so errm...:shame: