✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Live Amp Question.

fakfak

I finally got to see Coldplay's performance on the X-Mas TOTP special and I noticed Jonny had a Marshall half stack next to his Fender Devilles. Has he used a marshall as part of his live setup all of the current tour? Also, does anyone have info on the specific model he's running?

"I know he used Marshall in the Parachutes tour, I don't know if he did use the same Marshall."

He didn't use one when I saw them back in 2001. (which I think would be the Parachutes tour? Could be wrong on that though...) I do know however that he sometimes uses a JCM50 to record with in the studio.

"I've seen alot photo's and videos and stuff from the parachutes where Jonny and Guy used Marshall amps, well the Marshall could have been Chris his amp, but it was right behind Jonny."

Not saying he didn't, just that he wasn't when I saw them years ago.

That's interesting though as I'm hard pressed to think any of their Parachutes songs would require something more robust than the Fender Twins he was using back then as his main amps. Also, I could be wrong on this, but I don't think Chris played anything but acoustic guitar back then, only taking up electric with AROBTTH songs.

• 3 weeks later...

When I saw them in November for VLV tour, I saw 2 Hiwatt heads and a Hiwatt Cab. this is consistent with other VLA Arena footage. As far as the TOTP video, that could have been a special occasion or an endorsement or something, but I have never seen GUY or JOHNNY use Marshall's not to mention that in my opinion it doesn't really go with the sound.