✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Escapist makes me cry =(

Anybody else? I mean.. I don't actually cry but toward the part at the very end at 5:55 (off the Death and all his friends track) When he starts going "ooooooo"

Ahhh! its so sad! lol Anybody else get sad when they listen to this song?

It’s depressing because it’s so true. Trying to make an escape from life, it’s what Coldplay is famous for in my opinion, taking a really serious and complex subject and summing it up in a simple yet deep and emotional way.

It’s depressing because it’s so true. Trying to make an escape from life, it’s what Coldplay is famous for in my opinion, taking a really serious and complex subject and summing it up in a simple yet deep and emotional way.

in one and unique sentence, yes. We dream in the need to scape from this heavy reality (maybe playing music too :) )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

i get that weird tingly feeling everytime i listen to the escapist.

if ive ever cried while listening to it, its because its just such a great ending to an album. optimistic but final at the same time, you know?

The Escapist is incredible and I'm more than glad that it's the ending song of the album. Everytime I listen to it I picture myself lying on the grass, looking at the sky and dreaming :) I dunno why, but it gives me the impression that everything is going to be ok.

I think it works differently with me. I don't really see it as sad, or depressing. Actually, I find it sort of up-lifting :)

The Escapist is incredible and I'm more than glad that it's the ending song of the album. Everytime I listen to it I picture myself lying on the grass, looking at the sky and dreaming :) I dunno why, but it gives me the impression that everything is going to be ok.

I think it works differently with me. I don't really see it as sad, or depressing. Actually, I find it sort of up-lifting :)

^this

• 1 month later...
Anybody else? I mean.. I don't actually cry but toward the part at the very end at 5:55 (off the Death and all his friends track) When he starts going "ooooooo"

Ahhh! its so sad! lol Anybody else get sad when they listen to this song?

Yes. As you can tell I love the last set of lyrics in it. It's so sad but uplifting at the same time you know? I probably sound nuts but someone will get me :D

It's vague but I don't know this aerial song makes me complete and it inspires me a lot . The lyrics are perfect and the melody is very peaceful, as if it told us "there's nothing to be afraid of" . The "oooo" part makes me cry inside . It's like EVERYTHING in this song is here to reassure ourselves .

Same for me Perrine ! As for me I couldn't help but mumbling the lyrics while leaving the stadium hearing The Escapist, and I wasn't the only one doing that : it was surreal . This is the ultimate closing song to a concert ! I mean you know this moment when you are a bit lost and slowly coming back to earth ... This song helps you sooo much to step into reallity again, little by little .

Am I the only one thinking that it hurts more when the song is over than when it's playing ?

• 11 months later...
I want this to be the last song I hear before I die.

Exactly how I feel. I can just imagine hearing this song as I take my last breathe and escape the universe. I've had that notion since I first heard it but recently stumbled upon this gem:

[ame=

]
[/ame]