✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How Far The "VIVA" era has come...

The Joker

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were for me too. But look, this whole Viva thing got HUGE over the past year. They were everywhere! Of course we as fans liked it and they liked it too, because they love their job. But with Chris constantly saying 'We don't want to to bore people' maybe they slow it a bit down for the next record. He even said they do not want to tour so soon again.

On the other hand: It's Chris. He changes his mind every minute. :rolleyes: Or with Katy Perry's words: You change your mind like a girl changes clothes

Haha yes :nice:

We shouldn't listen all the stupid rumors, and just wait for the next album, which I hope will be as awesome as VLVADAAHF ! :cheesy:

When was the day we heard the `Viva_La_Vida__New_Edit`?

That was a very nice time! I miss these days too.

Was Violet Hill the first song we heard in full length?

Or did we have another song in april? I can´t remember that exactly..

There was "A Spell A Rebell Yell" then and "Lost?" and "Life In Technicolor" dropping into the web :)

That was all very special! I couldn´t believe a thing!

I remember no one around here liked A Spell a Rebel Yell, but I loved it, and still do! :wacky: I was actually just listening to it today :nice: A lot of people on the board thought it was too different and not Coldplay-sounding, and they were worried that the entire album would sound like that :thinking:

I remember no one around here liked A Spell a Rebel Yell, but I loved it, and still do! :wacky: I was actually just listening to it today :nice: A lot of people on the board thought it was too different and not Coldplay-sounding, and they were worried that the entire album would sound like that :thinking:
A Spell A Rebell Yell is one of my top 20 Coldplay songs, but I only discovered it a couple of months ago. I think if I had listened to it when it came out, I probably wouldn't have liked it too.

I remember listening to Violet Hill for the first time very well. It was a crapy video on YouTube without the actual video and I was shocked when I first heard it. This wasn't Coldplay at all for me. That is why I kept playing the end only. :lol: Now I absolutely love it, it was just a matter of being used to it. ;)

Yeah it's a matter of being used to it, but we could say that about Miley Cyrus or Lady Gaga or rap or anything you want ! :stunned:

No jk, I'll never never be used to this shit !

I love A Spell A Rebel Yell too ! It's Coldplay, but it sounds different, and that's great sometimes... Anyway I love anything Coldplay-ish :wacky:

Well because we heard A Spell a Rebel Yell before the album came out, we were worried that the entire album would be that... different. It would be like if we'd gotten The Goldrush before VLVOD came out... We appreciate The Goldrush now because it's completely different and awesome, but if we'd gotten it last May, I think people would've felt very differently about it! :thinking:

Guest howyousawtheworld

Well, this year has been sensational. Saw Coldplay for the very first time in December in Glasgow, got the album the day it came out. Loved the hype surrounding the new album and when I heard the songs on myspace I was like "FUCK ME THIS IS INCREDIBLE!" Also hearing Viva La Vida for the first time was like "that's quite a bit different to the Coldplay I know". Great times. Can't wait for 2010 which should see the release of their 5th album.

That one is going to be their Joshua Tree.

I was thinking about the itunes commercIal today! I remember listening to the entire album on the Coldplay website before it was released then buying it the day it came out, I don't think I stopped listening to it for months, I also have very fond memories of the concerts I attended in July and November, AHH MEMORIES!!

Guest LiquidSky

It was the closest that I had ever been to Jonny and I missed bumping into Coldplay literally by a couple of seconds!!! Argh!!!!!

i love it too it kinda reminds me of things i dont understand

I remember May 20 2008(day of itunes commercial on american idol) like it was yesterday:Dfisrt time I heard Coldplay:Dand fell in love with them:bigcry:

omg that was when i first fell in love with CP. I always knew Clocks and Yellow but after that commercial i was hooked for life.

I waited until my summer vacation started before listening to it for two reasons. First so I could actually focus on my Final Exams, and also so I could really sit down and enjoy it over the summer.

I am doing the same with the new Dave Matthews Band album this year, and I hope I will love that album just as much. Only it's even harder cuz last year I only had to wait a few days to listen once it came out, the DMB album is coming out June 2nd and summer doesn't start till June 24th! :stunned:

^ yeah! i'm so excited bout the new DMB album! i got the leak but i'm waiting for release date! :D

ohh i wish it were last summer all over again! Coldplay summer!!

Do you guys remember the promo tagline "Recorded in a bakery, a nunnery, a magic shop, a church"? I remember how they said that at the beginning of allllll of the pre-release videos (like those ones on Amazon that had Lost! in the background), and it always got me so excited :wacky: I would always think "DAMN, this album is going to be so epic!" :lol:

That line is in the album booklet, too :D