✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How Far The "VIVA" era has come...

The Joker

It has been almost a year since Coldplay performed Viva La Vida for the first time at the MTV movie awards. Which is crazy to think about. I remember last summer being one of the best summers ever. The anticipation for the new album was so big. I sort of miss that anticipation. Who would think that they would be touring for a year straight, and then some? It is just so crazy. In this thread you can post your memories/likes/dislikes about the "VIVA" era. :). Enjoy.

This premiered last summer ( I miss it :( ) :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3mYc1m3lsM]YouTube - Coldplay - Apple iTunes Viva La Vida[/ame]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hearing that they were coming out with a new album way back last april or so, is what sparked my coldplay awakening and turned me into a major fan. thus it was a good summer. i had a good time discovering all about coldplay. i had been a "yah sure they're good" fan before, but now im obsessed. cool. and like alex i remember the first time i saw that apple commercial and i was like WOAHHH :stunned: that's going to be a fucking good song.

Oh yes, that was an amazingly exciting summer, ... :wacko:

I remember when I had a lesson free at school and went home, just to find out that a new song was out there, called Viva la Vida and I was like "Huh? Interesting songtitle, lets download it quickly on my mp3 player and then go back to school!"

I did so and drove back to school, still had some time left and put my earphones in, clicked on <PLAY> ... and was blown away :bomb:

Thanks for the thread, reminds me of that beautiful moment :wacky:

hearing that they were coming out with a new album way back last april or so, is what sparked my coldplay awakening and turned me into a major fan. thus it was a good summer. i had a good time discovering all about coldplay. i had been a "yah sure they're good" fan before, but now im obsessed. cool. and like alex i remember the first time i saw that apple commercial and i was like WOAHHH :stunned: that's going to be a fucking good song.

Same here! Exactly!

I waited until my summer vacation started before listening to it for two reasons. First so I could actually focus on my Final Exams, and also so I could really sit down and enjoy it over the summer.

I am doing the same with the new Dave Matthews Band album this year, and I hope I will love that album just as much. Only it's even harder cuz last year I only had to wait a few days to listen once it came out, the DMB album is coming out June 2nd and summer doesn't start till June 24th! :stunned:

:) No Problem. I remember I downloaded the whole album the night before vacation. i turned on strawberry swing in the car, and became the Coldplay Super fan i am. I was a casual coldplay fan before. now i play strawberry swing to get me in that summer mood.

I remember the MTV movie awards!! that performance was incredible!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacky: ...and I think they should bring them back to do another performance for this years awards... May 31st... that would be epic and it would give me a reason to watch it... (just kidding KoL is gonna be on there so I'm gonna be watching)!! :dance:

...Just checked, and they don't have a show on the 31st.... :cheesy: could it be!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!

I hope so... now, im excited :dance:

It has been almost a year since Coldplay performed Viva La Vida for the first time at the MTV movie awards. Which is crazy to think about. I remember last summer being one of the best summers ever. The anticipation for the new album was so big. I sort of miss that anticipation. Who would think that they would be touring for a year straight, and then some? It is just so crazy. In this thread you can post your memories/likes/dislikes about the "VIVA" era. :). Enjoy.

This premiered last summer ( I miss it :( ) :

I remember screaming and dancing around when i heard/ saw this commercial for the first time! thank god no one else was home with me :wacko:

and i remember the same week that Viva came out i was going to Italy and i made sure i MUST MUST MUST have the album b4 my trip! so i got it and i remember listening to Cemetaries of London about 20 times when we flew over London and then on the bus on our way to Rome i had to of listened to Viva La Vida about 50 times, kept thinking of the whole line..."Roman calvary choirs are singing" :P:lol:

then i remember on the way back in the airport in Athens, i saw that FOINE Spin magazine that the boys were on the front cover of and all the hot pics inside and i flipped out!! Poor greek guy at the magazine stand......i think he thought i had hurt myself i was so exited and flipping out over the hot piccies in there! :sweatdrop:i almost missed my flight by standing in line buying 3 copies of that sexy photoshoot! and on the way back i had lots of piccies to drool over :sneaky::sneaky:

I remember screaming and dancing around when i heard/ saw this commercial for the first time! thank god no one else was home with me :wacko:

and i remember the same week that Viva came out i was going to Italy and i made sure i MUST MUST MUST have the album b4 my trip! so i got it and i remember listening to Cemetaries of London about 20 times when we flew over London and then on the bus on our way to Rome i had to of listened to Viva La Vida about 50 times, kept thinking of the whole line..."Roman calvary choirs are singing" :P:lol:

then i remember on the way back in the airport in Athens, i saw that FOINE Spin magazine that the boys were on the front cover of and all the hot pics inside and i flipped out!! Poor greek guy at the magazine stand......i think he thought i had hurt myself i was so exited and flipping out over the hot piccies in there! :sweatdrop:i almost missed my flight by standing in line buying 3 copies of that sexy photoshoot! and on the way back i had lots of piccies to drool over :sneaky::sneaky:

Great story Liz ! :cheesy:

I'm really angry bc I missed all the magazines, with pics and posters :\ That scuks, now I have to wait at least 2 years ...

I knew of Coldplay but really only knew that the "singer" was married to Gwyneth Paltrow.And I had heard Yellow and never liked it

But when I heard the itunes commercial for the first time I freaked.It was so catchy and Chris's voice was gorgeous.I screamed I love that song,who is singing it.??..And from there I have become totally obsessed:)

well I became a coldplay fan because of the new album one year ago too...but the first song I listened was Violet Hill..IT WAS AWESOME, was the only song I heard for like 3 days, then I thought "they can't beat this song...oh they have another one, viva la vida, lest download it"...and I'm happy to say I was wrong..:D

Awwww, the iTunes commercial! :wacky:

I remember when that was on allllll the time, and every time it came on the TV I'd jump up, dance and sing to it, and then rewind and watch it again :P And if it came on while I was in another room, I'd run into the room with the TV yelling "COLDPLAY!" :lol: And then I'd think about how much I wanted the album to leak...

Speaking of which, I also remember how painfully slowly new tracks from the album leaked, and how desperate we were to hear anything- DAAHF on Grey's Anatomy, anyone? :P I still have that ripped version of the song when it was on Grey's Anatomy, in which the ending is cut off and you can hear birds chirping because they were camping in the episode :lol:

And when the whole album finally leaked (almost exactly a year ago, wow), I just remember sitting and listening to it, and being in complete shock over how amazing it was. And playing Strawberry Swing over and over, as well as 42 because there had been SO much buildup over 42 with the Rolling Stone article and the 1:00 preview that we got :wacko:

*sigh* I miss those days too! :cry:

ohhh the good old days before Viva La Vida. I remember refusing to listen to the leaked album until the official release, but then they uploaded all the album on their My Space and I couldn't resist the temptation.

Viva La Vida seems to be perfect to travel Europe, isn't it? :lol:

Great story Liz ! :cheesy:

I'm really angry bc I missed all the magazines, with pics and posters :\ That scuks, now I have to wait at least 2 years ...

So do I. :( And I have the feeling we won't get THAT much next time. :\

I was waiting for this album like I was waiting for AROBTH and X&Y... I admit I kinda freak out during the recording session when they annonced the album title 'Viva la vida or death and all of his friends'...and talking about spanish influences....I was like WTF??? And VH came out and I was reassured!

As for the commercial: I saw it on TV. I was at my parents' that day, watching TV with my father and the commercial begins...I literally scream in front of the TV and jump out of my seat XD! My father asked me what was going on and I just said 'My boys are back!!'... He didn't quite understand but I couldn't stop grinning during the evening!

Viva La Vida seems to be perfect to travel Europe, isn't it? :lol:

So do I. :( And I have the feeling we won't get THAT much next time. :\

No please don't have this feeling ! :embarassed:

Coldplay was the band of the 00's IMO, but I don't want them to stop now :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

No please don't have this feeling ! :embarassed:

Coldplay was the band of the 00's IMO, but I don't want them to stop now :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

They were for me too. But look, this whole Viva thing got HUGE over the past year. They were everywhere! Of course we as fans liked it and they liked it too, because they love their job. But with Chris constantly saying 'We don't want to to bore people' maybe they slow it a bit down for the next record. He even said they do not want to tour so soon again.

On the other hand: It's Chris. He changes his mind every minute. :rolleyes: Or with Katy Perry's words: You change your mind like a girl changes clothes

That commercial from iTunes is what kicked off the era for me. I was cleaning and I heard a voice that I thought was Chris but I wasn't sure so I watched the commercial and was blown away by the music and then at the end it said "Viva Coldplay" or something like that and I knew I had to get the new album. So I did!