✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bruce Springsteen Brings Glastonbury Back From The Dead

Guest howyousawtheworld

Guest howyousawtheworld

After last years shocker of Jay Z, despite the fake mud bathers claiming they enjoyed it when they were in fact lying through their middle class teeth, Bruce Springsteen has thankfully showed what music is all about.

His enthusiasm and energy which lasted well over 2 hours was bloody fantastic. Even if you don't like him it was hard not to be impressed by his sheer brilliance. It puts into perspective the rather tepid dour gigs provided by Radiohead and Oasis from the past 6/7 years. And I'm sure Michael Eavis will have learnt that he'll make decisions based on music rather than the crime which was Jay Z last year

clearly someone hasn't seen footage of Arcade Fire's performance in 2007 or The Killers headlining the same year or the Chemical Brothers mind blowing set in 2000 or Coldplays perfect gig in 2002 or Interpol's breakthrough show in 2003 or The Verve's amazing comeback in 2008 and the very best of them all Muse's headlining performance in 2004.

mate i have nothing against you personally but please do some research before you make outlandish comments. Jay-Z is undoubtedly one of the most influential and successful hip hop artists of all time, if you dont like that music thats fair enough but the 100 000 people in front of the Pyramid Stage last year loved it. I'm certain that The Boss put on an amazing show last night but he didnt bring Glasto back from the dead, simply because it was never dead and will never die.

After last years shocker of Jay Z, despite the fake mud bathers claiming they enjoyed it when they were in fact lying through their middle class teeth, Bruce Springsteen has thankfully showed what music is all about.

His enthusiasm and energy which lasted well over 2 hours was bloody fantastic. Even if you don't like him it was hard not to be impressed by his sheer brilliance. It puts into perspective the rather tepid dour gigs provided by Radiohead and Oasis from the past 6/7 years. And I'm sure Michael Eavis will have learnt that he'll make decisions based on music rather than the crime which was Jay Z last year

I totally agree. Even though I'm not a huge Springsteen fan, that's the kind of headline act you expect at Glasto.

Rappers can go perform on one of the lesser stages or go elsewhere.;)

clearly someone hasn't seen footage of Arcade Fire's performance in 2007 or The Killers headlining the same year or the Chemical Brothers mind blowing set in 2000 or Coldplays perfect gig in 2002 or Interpol's breakthrough show in 2003 or The Verve's amazing comeback in 2008 and the very best of them all Muse's headlining performance in 2004.

I don't have a problem with any of those either. They're all proper bands.:dozey:

Mark, your opinion is NOT FACT

Neither is yours, so your point is totally meaningless (as are all your other posts).:smug:

Jay-Z went down well with a lot of people and the crowd was packed to see him live

Was still an anticlimax and wrong for that slot.:smug:

Guest howyousawtheworld

Jay-Z went down well with a lot of people and the crowd was packed to see him live

ZOMGZZ WHAT AN ANTICLIMAX

I'd rather see Jay-Z than Springsteen tbh.

LOL! Quote of the day! Quote of the day!!

Guest howyousawtheworld
Haha...all this time I thought this thread was going to be about Bruce Springsteen...silly me :laugh3:

It can still be if TGE stops being Victor Meldrew. Anyhow what was The Boss's best performance last night??

I take your point, but in my opinion Jay-Z should never have been the HEADLINE act on the MAIN stage. It was all a bit of an anticlimax IMO.:dozey:

ZOMGZZ WHAT AN ANTICLIMAX

I'd rather see Jay-Z than Springsteen tbh.

Neither is yours, so your point is totally meaningless (as are all your other posts).:smug:

Was still an anticlimax and wrong for that slot.:smug:

LOL! Quote of the day! Quote of the day!!

ahhh the irony