✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

POST HERE ALL THE TIME!!! : D

LibbyMew

Silas Utke Graae Jørgensen (Silas Graae, for short) is the drummer for Danish indie rockers Mew; Work outside of Mew has included music with Danish musicians 'Symptoms'. Music can be found here:

http://symptoms-official.com/

(You'll have to make a purchase...)

He is also a talented artist with drawings, paintings and small sculptures. (Pictures to be added soon.)

Silas was born on March 21st, 1979 (not 1978 as some sites claim.) He has a sister named Laura assumed to be three years his elder. It was through her that he met Bo Madsen whom she shared a class with.

Bo was in a band with two friends by the names of Jonas Bjerre and Johan Wohlert and they were in need of a drummer. They had Silas play for them and were all amazed by his talent. But in spite of this they were still not certain. Silas is a very quiet person and didn't say much and due to this they weren't sure if he really wanted part of the band. Luckily for them, he did. And in 1995 or 1996, when he joined, they officially declared themselves as Mew.

As the shyest member of the band he rarely talks in interviews and when he does he says so little. Being so quiet, he is often overlooked. This thread is to show him some well deserved appreciation, but I will it what it really is...

A CELEBRATION OF MR. SILAS GRAAE!

Welcome to your new worship/tribute thread for the best damn drummer you know of. :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The extent of my caring is limited to the fact that I am tired of seeing multiple threads on this band. Why can't you simply place your comments within the confines of the Mew thread? Why does every member need an appreciation/tribute thread?

Not every thread for each member of this band is because they're in Mew. The singer from Mew is also a solo artist who makes music of his own as well as produces music for other musicians. Does he not deserve a thread for his solo music? If Radiohead fans wanted a thread for Thom Yorke's work, there would be no problem.

I only made the thread for the guitarist because they were posting about him in the singer's solo work thread. It got to the point of being ridiculous. They didn't post in the Mew thread because there were different conversations going on there, so they were posting in a thread where it was inappropriate. That's when I made a new one where they can have their conversations.

As for the drummer he also collaborates in music outside of the band and will hopefully continue to do so. I would make a thread for that project, but so few of us know much about the other people involved. It'd be pointless.

Mew is not only an "opening act".

In the region they're from they are a big deal and can play to crowds of 20,000 or more. And just because a band isn't headlining every tour they go on or performing at the Grammy's doesn't mean they're not deserving. Mew has had great album reviews after another and are long overdue for a big break. Bands from U2 to R.E.M. are fans of their music and Guy Berryman is in a band with the singer.

As for the 'five' threads:

The Apparatjik thread was started by Guy Berryman and A-ha fans. That thread is more related to Coldplay than it is to Mew, but Coldplayers don't seem to care that much about Guy's side projects. And since Mew and A-ha have very dedicated fans, we've posted in that thread to show support.

The singer is a solo artist and composer, as I've already mentioned. And just because his projects aren't headlining doesn't mean what he does isn't important. The thread was pretty neat until it got way off-topic. Instead of posting about the guitarist in the Mew thread (which was pretty busy at the time), they have been posting in his. To keep it clean I made the other thread, which they were quite happy to have.

Mew has a die hard fan base. To us they are really underrated and deserve more recognition than they've gotten.

Please, they may be popular in a handful of Scandinavian countries. Outside that region, you would be hard pressed to find many people who care about them. I follow music closely, and they would not even be on my radar if I was not bludgeoned to death by posts on this message board. I know I will be skipping them when they open for NIN in Los Angeles.

Bottom Line: There is nothing I can do to stop you from starting multiple threads. I just don't understand why I have to skip over 5 threads dedicated to some variation of the same band before I can get to something I care about. At this rate, you are going to start, and continually bump, appreciation threads dedicated to their damn pets.

If I didn't do it, someone else would have. I chose to get it out of the way while trying to post interesting information about the musicians that would help to get a conversation started, rather than just spam about the person. :thinking: But what people choose to post is their decision. It helps keep a lot of the spam out of the main thread.

No more threads related to this band are going to be made, nor would it even be possible.

I can't help that the threads are bumped so often these days. We've gotten a lot of news recently concerning these people and it's gotten a lot of notice. We've even had the Mew thread bumped 15 pages in a day just because of a video premier. Not to mention several new fans joining in.

:shrug:

Oh dear.....:uhoh:

Olivia, perhaps the time has come for a Mew fan conversation thread in the Lounge...even tho I never go in there...:\

Our apologies if our enthusiasm got too much bjaiken, but to be fair, like Olivia says, there has been a lot of Mew news lately, that's why the threads are getting bumped. There is a lot of Mew conversation...

btw, please don't let our fangirly-ness make you skip Mew in concert - I'm a fan, I know, so I'm gonna be horribly biased, but try to suspend any preconceptions and catch their final song of the set at least...if nothing else it'll get you fired up for the main act..that's what support band are meant to do after all.. :)

Look, I would be happy if the number of posts were proportionate to their relative importance in music, which is pretty much nil. It's just my luck that the 4 or 5 fans that they have accumulated happen to reside on this message board.

Oh dear.....:uhoh:

Olivia, perhaps the time has come for a Mew fan conversation thread in the Lounge...even tho I never go in there...:\

Our apologies if our enthusiasm got too much bjaiken, but to be fair, like Olivia says, there has been a lot of Mew news lately, that's why the threads are getting bumped. There is a lot of Mew conversation...

btw, please don't let our fangirly-ness make you skip Mew in concert - I'm a fan, I know, so I'm gonna be horribly biased, but try to suspend any preconceptions and catch their final song of the set at least...if nothing else it'll get you fired up for the main act..that's what support band are meant to do after all.. :)

At least that's a fair post.

Well, that's not really fair is it..? You're saying only big, huge, megapopular bands like Muse and Radiohead should get a lot of posts...

..and smaller, more obscure bands should have less chatty and enthusiastic fans...how are small bands gonna get any bigger with rules like that...just a though (?)

ps. No-one wants to piss anyone off here...WoM is very tolerant in general...

Well if it makes ppl happier we can stuff it all in one thread, but that thread (Mew) will not go anywhere for sure ;)

Their new album is coming out in few weeks and of course we want to talk about them all the freaking time ... so still ppl will have to trip over us. :D

I have zero problem with that. I am not asking you to suspend conversation. Just spare the rest of us.

I am looking into the 'Ignore Thread' function. That should solve the problem for me.

Well, we've been trying to fit it all in one thread. And up to a little while ago that worked just fine. But we had conversations spilling into other threads and it just got a bit messy. Making these threads was only an attempt to keep the others clean. It'd make conversation a lot easier for everyone involved.

We're sorry if we annoyed some people as it wasn't out intent. :)

And you guys, I think out of respect we should combine the Bo and Silas threads. Anyone agree?

Well, we've been trying to fit it all in one thread. And up to a little while ago that worked just fine. But we had conversations spilling into other threads and it just got a bit messy. Making these threads was only an attempt to keep the others clean. It'd make conversation a lot easier for everyone involved.

I didn't notice that we had up to four Mew-related threads bumped up frequently. I only posted two, so that didn't seem like a lot to me. We're sorry if we annoyed some people as it wasn't out intent. :)

That's fair, too. It's just too much. And it seems like it will never stop growing.

So sorry, Bjaiken. I will ditch them. We will just have to be loyal to our Mew thread. :) Hopefully, we can keep things neat so there is no confusion.

EDIT: I officially declare the Bo and Silas threads closed. That will limit us to one for Mew and one for the singers' solo works. And only one of those needs to be bumped regularly as Jonas hasn't done much lately, agreed?