✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pics of Jonny's Roadcase

fakfak

Looking at it again, I actually think the black one is first in the top pic, but is obscured by the jacket or whatever hanging on the front of the rack.

On a slightly ot note, he's selling 4 of them (including the black one) in the Kids' company auction!

• 2 weeks later...

"with 12-15 i rather meant the original price... or are there any reissues? (the baja teles are quite cool... are they discontinued??)"

His three backups are reissues, but the four he mainly uses are all vintage.

As far as I know Fender still produces the Baja Tele, but I'm really not sure.

AmStd? why not AmDlx?

too bad, i could never play one of these! maybe some other time...

what's with jonnys old guitars? the jazz guitar (gibson?), the ES335 (is it jonny's or does chris own guitars himself?), the jaguar (btw: i recently bought one, it's awesome!)

and did jonny EVER have a stratocaster? and since when does he own his LesPauls (and what models are they)?

Never, and never buy a Fender guitar because it's a Fender and alot of famous guitarist plays on Fender USA.

I'm playing on a Fender MEX Classic and it blows the USA away.

I tested a few Fenders before I bought this one.

These:

Fender USA standard - Good sound, good hardware pretty bad neck.

Fender USA Highway1 - Good sound hardware feels like plastic and also bad neck.

Fender Standard - Okay sound bad hardware

Fender Baja classic - Good sound good hardware bad tuners bad neck

Fender Classic - Surprising good sound, good hardware very smooth neck.

Ofcourse I bought the last one, cheaper than the USA standard, Highway1, Baja... and it was better then them too...

I was playing with someone a while ago via msn and he even thought it was a real guitar from the '50 because it sounded exact the same as his original '50 tele.. he didnt believe it was a reissieu until I showed the made in mexico text..

So this is proof that you never can get the best guitar bye buying what professional guitarists are playing.. and that's why Jonny is one of my favorite guitarists.. playing mostly on reissieu thinlines while he also have original ones... it's not the price that makes the sound.. it's the guitar itself and the player(okay, and the amp) :P

well, i don't pick a guitar for it's brand & name...

i want the sound and feel firstly (frankly: often the price, to my shame:embarassed: but's the sound that matters) , then the look and then... whatever;)

BUT: no matter what anyone tells you, test yourself. instruments and sounds (music in general!) are the most subjective things in the world...

however, most people won't recognize a difference between good guitars, or a cheapo and a >5000$ guitar...

only if they are musicians themselves....

frankly, i couldn't hear the difference between a lot of guitars, maybe just because i'm lacking a lot of expirience...

• 2 weeks later...

"So this is proof that you never can get the best guitar bye buying what professional guitarists are playing.. and that's why Jonny is one of my favorite guitarists.. playing mostly on reissieu thinlines while he also have original ones... it's not the price that makes the sound.. it's the guitar itself and the player(okay, and the amp)"

I disagree. IMHO with most guitars (as with most anything really) you tend to get what you pay for. Since even "cheap" model guitars from the "name" manufacturers(sp?) cost hudreds of dollars, I would much rather save up a little extra and get a quality instrument. I recently purchased a vintage tele with money I had been saving for a couple years (for the purpose of buying a vintage tele) and the tone knocks the socks off any new tele I've ever played.

Also keep in mind that while some (not most as been previously stated) of JB's tele's may be reissues, they are probably custom shop (judging by the non stock finishes and/or hardware seen on some of them) as oposed to MIM production run fender's, sp it's a bit like comparing apples to oranges.

Generally, I agree that people tend to put to much stock into the notion that having top shelf gear will make you some sort of guitar god, but there is certainly a difference in quality with higher end gear.

t there is certainly a difference in quality with higher end gear.

well, and i disagree here ;)

i think that especially the extremely expensive models tend to show less improvements!

compare a 500$ with a 1000$ strat - amazing difference!

compare a 2000$ with a 3000$ - errm, where exactly is the difference?

but (!!) a lot of guitars sound DIFFERENT, but you cannot say BETTER or WORSE !

yes, a squier tele will never sound better than a custom shop model ;) but in a certain price range, it all depends on what you like, and not what's better/worse

"So this is proof that you never can get the best guitar bye buying what professional guitarists are playing.. and that's why Jonny is one of my favorite guitarists.. playing mostly on reissieu thinlines while he also have original ones... it's not the price that makes the sound.. it's the guitar itself and the player(okay, and the amp)"

I disagree. IMHO with most guitars (as with most anything really) you tend to get what you pay for. Since even "cheap" model guitars from the "name" manufacturers(sp?) cost hudreds of dollars, I would much rather save up a little extra and get a quality instrument. I recently purchased a vintage tele with money I had been saving for a couple years (for the purpose of buying a vintage tele) and the tone knocks the socks off any new tele I've ever played.

Also keep in mind that while some (not most as been previously stated) of JB's tele's may be reissues, they are probably custom shop (judging by the non stock finishes and/or hardware seen on some of them) as oposed to MIM production run fender's, sp it's a bit like comparing apples to oranges.

Generally, I agree that people tend to put to much stock into the notion that having top shelf gear will make you some sort of guitar god, but there is certainly a difference in quality with higher end gear.

My MIM tele classic series -> 650 euros new

Tested USA std. tele -> 1100 euros new

Tested USA Highway1 tele -> 850 euros new

The MIM blow both of the USA guitars completly away in sound, looks, hardware and feeling...

But also, every guitar is different.. you can have a standard MIM that's very poor... but there are standard MIM that are great.

I also just could've been very lucky with this one.. :)

well, and i disagree here ;)

i think that especially the extremely expensive models tend to show less improvements!

compare a 500$ with a 1000$ strat - amazing difference!

compare a 2000$ with a 3000$ - errm, where exactly is the difference?

but (!!) a lot of guitars sound DIFFERENT, but you cannot say BETTER or WORSE !

yes, a squier tele will never sound better than a custom shop model ;) but in a certain price range, it all depends on what you like, and not what's better/worse

I had a Squier Jazz bass and decided to get a Fender bass.. surprisely the Squier was better.

Also for Epiphone.

Epiphone is just Gibson.

Gibson is a bit overrated, why? Well because Gibson don't have cheap guitars.

The cheap Gibsons are Epiphone guitars so there are so much good Gibsons because they don't sell cheap guitar's with a Gibson label on it.

Not that Epihone is very bad, but there is a HUGE difference between a 100$ Epi and 200$ Epi.

Fender do have 'cheaper' guitars with a Fender label, these guitars aint that so good.. so... if you get what I mean here :)

"compare a 2000$ with a 3000$ - errm, where exactly is the difference?"

In my experience (and only in my experience as that's all I can really speak to), the main difference is that the physical components (wood, neck, hardware, wiring etc.) as well as general quality control tend to be of much higher quality. Are there excellent MiM fenders? Sure there are, however, quality on these lines tends to be more spotty than their higher end counterparts. To me, since even a $1000 guitar is a major purchase which requires a lot of saving on my part to make, I'd much rather save a bit longer and get the highest quality instrument that I can, in hopes that it will function well as long as possible.