✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coachella 2010

Italian Plastic

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jack white more often than not allows his bands to be webcast live. white stripes at bonnaroo in 2007 was shown as were the racontuers at coachella, lollapalooza, bonnaroo and ACL 2008. and last year the dead weather did a few of their own webcasts. he is a rare exception, metallica is another band who tend to be webcast often.

vampire weekend and jay-z have been added to tonights list of webcasts. vampire weekend at 1am new york time and jay-z at 1-50am.

i take back what i said about facebook not doing as good a job as AT&T did. facebook is webcasting across three different stage simultaneously. starting at 8PM new york time

I am looking at the webcast schedule, and it doesn't look like any of the bands I want to see are going to be broadcast: No Muse, Thom Yorke, Jonsi, Julian Casblancas, Phoenix, MGMT, Them Crooked Vultures, etc. This is a bunch of crap.

i for one am very very very grateful that there is even a webcast. how many non-american festivals webcast over 30 acts to anyone around the world for free??

i follow this stuff very closely so i can tell you. NONE!!

the purpose of the webcast is to achieve two things. first, give people like me who really enjoy music festivals especially the big ones, the opportunity to experience the festival to some degree. secondly, it gives incredible exposure to smaller up n coming acts as well as bigger acts who are game enough to give permission to have their performance streamed live to the entire world.

i was unexpectedly called into work today so i didnt get to watch as much as i liked but i did catch temper trap in the morning and the hot chip and the dead weather in the afternoon. the coverage was incredible and the picture and sound even better. this webcasting gets better and better with every year. cant wait for Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza!

I wasn't actually directing that at you. I was talking about the idiot Them Crooked Vultures and Muse fans who keep complaining....but okay!

You were directing it at me, as my complaint, I would imagine, is similar to theirs. Look, I don't care WHY the bands I want to see are not being streamed. It makes no difference to me. Them Crooked Vulture and Muse fan's thought process most likely went like this:

1. What? The band I want to see is not streaming.

2. Well, then who the hell is?

3. I have no interest in seeing a single band that IS being streamed.

4. Thanks for nothing, webcast!

If they are only fans of that particular band, you can probably remove steps 2 and 3. Last year they streamed Paul McCartney, The Killers, and the Cure. Now, maybe those bands are simply more relaxed than this year's bands. All I know is the following: Last year good, this year bad. Even if it's free, no one is ever grateful for someone giving them something they didn't want in the first place.

Last year they streamed Paul McCartney, The Killers, and the Cure. Now, maybe those bands are simply more relaxed than this year's bands. All I know is the following: Last year good, this year bad. Even if it's free, no one is ever grateful for someone giving them something they didn't want in the first place.

i guess they have sacrificed quality for quantity this year. but the likes of The Dead Weather, LCD Soundsystem, Jay-Z, Vampire Weekend, Passion Pit, The Specials and Devo have been on the schedule so it's not all bad.

Them Crooked Vultures will webcast 2 songs at 2am New York time.

You were directing it at me, as my complaint, I would imagine, is similar to theirs. Look, I don't care WHY the bands I want to see are not being streamed. It makes no difference to me. Them Crooked Vulture and Muse fan's thought process most likely went like this:

1. What? The band I want to see is not streaming.

2. Well, then who the hell is?

3. I have no interest in seeing a single band that IS being streamed.

4. Thanks for nothing, webcast!

If they are only fans of that particular band, you can probably remove steps 2 and 3. Last year they streamed Paul McCartney, The Killers, and the Cure. Now, maybe those bands are simply more relaxed than this year's bands. All I know is the following: Last year good, this year bad. Even if it's free, no one is ever grateful for someone giving them something they didn't want in the first place.

Well, you've put that into better words than the fans I've talked about have. They just say "MUSE I LOVE MUSE NO STREAM? ARE MUSE STREAMING? ARE MUSE STREAMING? I HATE THIS. WHO EVEN CARES ABOUT THESE BANDS"

I really do get your point. I'm not too happy about the bands streaming either. I just don't see the need to complain about it. They've given us a wonderful stream, but sadly it's not as good as it could be...

• 6 months later...