✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Too busy to exercise?

mc_squared

Daily exercise? No, we're too busy, say Britons as two out of three fail to get 30 minutes a day

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 11:54 AM on 01st February 2010

article-0-021E5578000004B0-146_233x358.jpg Maybe tomorrow? Nearly half of adults are 'too busy' to do physical activity

Two out of three Britons don’t get the recommended 30 minutes of physical activity a day, research has revealed.

Nearly half of adults (44 per cent) are simply ‘too busy’ to exercise, says the survey of 2,000 by the British Heart Foundation.

Although three quarters of those questioned consider themselves healthy, 93 per cent confess to having at least one health sin.

In addition to not taking enough exercise, the other sins are eating takeaways regularly, binge drinking, not eating enough fruit and vegetables and smoking.

Dr Mike Knapton, BHF director of prevention and care, said: ‘It appears the adult population has a disturbingly indifferent attitude towards exercise and how to lead a healthy lifestyle.

‘People who are physically active are half as likely to die from coronary heart disease.

‘It’s extremely concerning that adults aren’t taking the initiative and setting the right example for children.’

The BHF launches National Heart Month today and has an online heart health check to help Britons make the right lifestyle choices.

This is great!

resume is a document that contains a summary of relevant job experience and education. The résumé is typically the first item that a potential employer encounters regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants, often followed by an interview, when seeking employment. The résumé is comparable to a curriculum vitae in many countries, although in United States and Canada it is substantially different.

I highly doubt many Americans get 30 minutes of exercise daily either. :P

resume[/url] is a document that contains a summary of relevant job experience and education. The résumé is typically the first item that a potential employer encounters regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants, often followed by an interview, when seeking employment. The résumé is comparable to a curriculum vitae in many countries, although in United States and Canada it is substantially different.

I don't get it. :uhoh:

A lot of people who are actually busy (as opposed to just saying they are coz they are lazy) actually get a fair amount of activity I imagine, unless they just work desk jobs all day.

I'm on my feet at my day hob mostly but at my night job not really. I am lazy but really, If I did not have a second job, I would be much more active. Honest. :)

Yeah, if you are on your feet all day you are basically getting the same amount of calories burned as most overweight people doing their little half-hearted workouts at gyms, I think.

:lol:

Still, I eat more than I should. I need to be more active. Sometimes I get really motivated and then other times I am like, fuck it!

resume[/url] is a document that contains a summary of relevant job experience and education. The résumé is typically the first item that a potential employer encounters regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants, often followed by an interview, when seeking employment. The résumé is comparable to a curriculum vitae in many countries, although in United States and Canada it is substantially different.

I don't get it. :uhoh:

It's quite simple really. Pretty self-explanatory.

fat-lady-in-costume.jpg

Your wife is very lovely. :nice: