✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sea Shepherds- Captain Bethune of the Ady Gil

I don't know how many of you have heard of the show Whale Wars that airs on Animal Planet. The men and women that participate in the Sea Shepherds are amazing people of great courage and bravery.

Established in 1977, Sea Shepherd Conservation Society (SSCS) is an international non-profit, marine wildlife conservation organization. Their mission is to end the destruction of habitat and slaughter of wildlife in the world's oceans in order to conserve and protect ecosystems and species.

Sea Shepherd uses innovative direct-action tactics to investigate, document, and take action when necessary to expose and confront illegal activities on the high seas. By safeguarding the biodiversity of our delicately-balanced ocean ecosystems, Sea Shepherd works to ensure their survival for future generations.

At the moment, Captain Bethune of the Ady Gil has been imprisoned in Japan and is now considered a Political Prisoner and is looking at 5 years in prison. More information on this topic can be found at the link below:

http://www.seashepherd.org/matilda/support-captain-bethune.html

What I am asking you is to help support Captain Bethune in his battle to be released from this unjust imprisonment.

Please, do it for the whales. They have no voice, and Captain Bethune is one of their voices. Take action today.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh, it's been a wonderful season for them! I was very happy for Pete's release! He certainly a brave man and has done Sea Shepherd a ton of good!

Oh, that would be awesome! You should definitely go down for the winter campaign and kick some whaling butt!

At the moment, I'm trying to raise awareness for Sea Shepherd around the city I live in. Surprisingly, a lot of people do not yet know of the organization!

We should definitely get together some time! Maybe we'll meet each other on a campaign in the future!

Oh lawd, when I saw that, I can honestly say that I was (and excuse my language) pissed off! And what makes it even more horrible is that Japan really didn't get into any trouble for it! What really got to me was the fact that Pete Bethune lost his ship and received no compensation for it!

Oh lawd, when I saw that, I can honestly say that I was (and excuse my language) pissed off! And what makes it even more horrible is that Japan really didn't get into any trouble for it! What really got to me was the fact that Pete Bethune lost his ship and received no compensation for it!

Awful, ain't it? And HE spent time in a Japanese prison. The world is upside down.

• 3 months later...