✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[SOLVED] New guitar

jordey24

Hello everyone,

I'm getting a new guitar soon and was wondering what guitar would be best to play songs by Coldplay,Muse,the Killers, etc.

An SX thinline tele (without humbuckers) or a Epiphone Les Paul Standard?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for all your help! I have bought a Squier '51. Pics will be added soon.

the humbuckers will definitely help for that coldplay sound. I have two teles one with the usual single coil pups and the other with custom PAF style humbuckers and that one gets a waaaay closer tone then the single coil pickups. Not sure about soundin like muse or killers tho.

That's the thing, i dont have any experience with replacing pickups... is it hard? Could anyone help me with this?
well see if you wanted humbuckers, buy a humbucker fitted guitar, like you originally thought, or buy a singlecoil and take them apart, replace with some soldering

I already have a Strat:smug: I really like the Tele sound, and P90s are starting to be an interesting choice:

ntfmp3ts2a.jpg

That's a good looking guitar, and I say that as someone who's not usually a fan of Sunburst, it sounds like you really want a Tele so I would say go for it, if you get something else you will only think damn I should have got a Tele,I love Strats but the only thing I've found that I don't like is they go out of tune too quickly!

That's true, my Strat goes out of tune pretty fast, especially when using the tremolo, but that might be because it's a copy and not a real Fender.

Anyways, i've decided to get this guitar.

Thanks to everyone for all your help!

(I'll update the thread with some photos and stuff as soon as the guitar arrives.)

tune your guitar, then do dive bombs, then tune the guitar again... that should hold the tuning a bit longer, at least if you're using the trem arm as a vibrato and not too deep "dive bombing"

This works good enough for me and my squier strat...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Tele, it had Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound pickups in it when I got it first, I didn't like these, they had too much Mid and too much of a low muddy sound so I changed them for the original American stock pickups that were luckily supplied too.

Only things is, as much as I love my tele, it has a maple neck and is very bright sounding which is great for playing reggae but for the start of 'Yellow', for example, you need a fairly chunky and full sounding pickup, I find even the tele's neck pickup is too 'thinny' and twangy sounding. Tele's are making a come back, just look at music video's of songs and you'll see. They are in Fashion!!

• 1 month later...