✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rachael Ray's "30-minute meals" are not really 30-minute meals.

Dfit00

I had six people coming over to my place today and I did this meal from her huge catalog: http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=2064

Supposedly her meals take "30 minutes or less", and this is guaranteed for any particular dish for two people. Since we were six, I was expecting the total cooking and preparation time was gonna take 90 minutes and it took me 4 hours! FOUR FUCKING HOURS of my precious time wasted, not to mention the extra time I invested in buying everything.

Don't ever do one of her meals. She and her tv show suck big time, even though she's hot to be in her early 40's.

20090302013_rachael_ray.jpg

I told you what to make. :snobby:

That doesn't look like her btw. :blank:

Thanks for your suggestion Laurita, but your idea could have taken even longer.

I think that magazine cover was back in 2005 or 2006.

I'm surprised you cook??? :surprised: Did it come out good?

Rofl, I'm trying and still learning but so far I still suck. The dish did come out great though, her meals are tasty but you really have to have the time and the motivation to do them for the whole day.

Rofl, I'm trying and still learning but so far I still suck. The dish did come out great though, her meals are tasty but you really have to have the time and the motivation to do them for the whole day.

:dozey: You suck. :laugh3:

My suggestion would have taken the 90 minutes you were planning on spending cooking. :dozey:

What time did you start cooking

3pm.

:dozey: You suck. :laugh3:

My suggestion would have taken the 90 minutes you were planning on spending cooking. :dozey:

I guess it wouldn't have taken four hours though, maybe a little less but still a lot of time.

well, its the first time you tried out her dish, maybe you could practice a little bit more, or maybe you could prepare the meat first and stuff hours before so that you can cook easily.

and why were there 6 of you working? you could do it with just the two of you :thinking:

Guest LiquidSky

Hmmm.. you should have tried my dish instead! Leave it on the oven and have someone keep on checking!!!:laugh3:

Why would you start cooking that early

The guests arrived at 6pm.

well, its the first time you tried out her dish, maybe you could practice a little bit more, or maybe you could prepare the meat first and stuff hours before so that you can cook easily.

and why were there 6 of you working? you could do it with just the two of you :thinking:

You're right, but the stuff she recommends and spices take a while to do, I don't like how she uses canned vegetables, canned grains, ultra lean meat, it's way too americanized. I doubt that I'll be doing it again.

I did all the cooking, there were five guests and me, they arrived afterwards.

The guests arrived at 6pm.

So since you expected the food to be done in 90 minutes, it would have been done by 4:30. So were you just going to let the food sit there and get cold for the next hour and a half?

And why didn't your parents do the cooking anyway?

there were five guests and me.

Huh?

I had six people coming over to my place today

You're right, but the stuff she recommends and spices take a while to do, I don't like how she uses canned vegetables, canned grains, ultra lean meat, it's way too americanized. I doubt that I'll be doing it again.

I did all the cooking, there were five guests and me, they arrived afterwards.

canned vegetables? what?! I can forgive her on lean meat, I'm wondering why you don't like it..

there are a lot of better cooking shows that you could follow, or ask your mom, why not!

So since you expected the food to be done in 90 minutes, it would have been done by 4:30. So were you just going to let the food sit there and get cold for the next hour and a half?

And why didn't your parents do the cooking anyway?

Huh?

I expected that time range but it obviously didn't take that time, if I'd have finished by 4:30 I would have let the portions within the buffet server.

I don't live with my parents, and I forgot to mention that I was included on those six people.