✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Doing the right thing.

eff-exx

So, every time when I get back my test papers, there might be mistakes to the counting or marking. I would tell teacher about it, and sometimes I gain marks, sometimes I lose marks.

My friend asked my last night to take back whatever papers returned today for her, since she will not be in school. So I took back of her test papers and teacher counted her marks wrong, and she has to lose marks. I told teacher, and teacher corrected it.

But what I'm afraid is how this act might cost my friendship with her. She sort of is rather... Fond of marks and wants more? :\

And I sort of made her lose marks. :|

On top of that, initially, both of us got the same marks. But after the correction, she got less than me. Sort of just adds to the problem, doesn't it?

I try to be honest. I'm afraid what I did could cost my friendship with her.

Well if she's that anal about a score she gets on a test/paper then she doesn't exactly sound like much fun; and on top of that she should work you know, on her own to get good grades by, you know, normal, legitimate means.

And on top of that you did the moral thing, if she has a problem with it she's just immoral in that aspect. And if she thinks that's enough to mess up a friendship then she's a shit friend.

I really like her as a friend. She's a fun friend, and she's really hard working. She gets good grades, but she wants more, thus she will fight for more marks with teachers.

I don't mean to make her sound bad or whatever, because she really is nice.

Just, sometimes. We never know what to expect from people. :\

She was not there, and if I didn't tell teacher, I'm sort of lying myself, I suppose. And by the time she might want to correct it (if I let her decide), it could be too late, maybe teacher would have sent in the marks then.

But this exam is just a monthly test.

She was not there, and if I didn't tell teacher, I'm sort of lying myself, I suppose. And by the time she might want to correct it (if I let her decide), it could be too late, maybe teacher would have sent in the marks then.

But this exam is just a monthly test.

then it's not worth worrying about. if it was a gcse or A level thing (or whatever your equivalents are) then it would have been different

if she makes a deal about it then she is overreacting

personally i think it was up to her to decide whether to question the marks (if this is an important test). but it is certainly not something worth falling out over.

Yes, you should not have done that. It was not your test. :blank:

So this was not to do the right thing. In this case.

being a monthly test it isn't too bad though.

one thing i would say though is that you are in for a shock in the future when you see the amount of cheating and backbiting that goes on in most peoples lives, and there will be many situations where honesty is not the best policy when it comes to other peoples business/lives. a monthly test is ok to get involved in i suppose, but if you were impulsed to be honest about something more serious you could find it can isolate you from certain people, no matter how well your meanings are.

but that is kind of an extreme response to a monthly test. don't worry too much.

I know. Where I live, it's not everything's all that honest. *erase*

I try to be honest. I try. And trust me, it's almost as God never cease to test my honesty.

Yes, you should not have done that. It was not your test. :blank:

So this was not to do the right thing. In this case.

I know it's not my test. But she asked me to take back her paper. And even asked me to write down the right answers for her.

I think I understand your point. Maybe I should have told her about the mistake and let her decide whether to tell teacher or not. But if she doesn't tell, then I'm aiding a lie.

It's not that I changed her marks. She got 26/40, and our marks are out of 80, teacher miscounted and put 54/80. So I told teacher she miscounted (well sort of just pointed because I felt horrible at that point), and teacher corrected it. I didn't sabotage her paper or something.

It's not that I changed her marks. She got 26/40, and our marks are out of 80, teacher miscounted and put 54/80. So I told teacher she miscounted (well sort of just pointed because I felt horrible at that point), and teacher corrected it. I didn't sabotage her paper or something.

ahhh, i thought you'd gone through her paper looking at every answer and spotted one that she had marked right that was wrong.

what you did is nowhere near as bad.

ahhh, i thought you'd gone through her paper looking at every answer and spotted one that she had marked right that was wrong.

what you did is nowhere near as bad.

She as in teacher?

I did go through all her answers (as I have to write for her the correct answer). There was one half equation that I even asked teacher why my friend's answer was wrong.