✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Tomorrow - Discussion

Doomotron

It really is such a bummer they sacrificed this guitar riff to Fun later.

You can really hear shine through this typical MX vibe... Being too close to other MX songs (CB, HLH, ETIAW) as far as the vibe goes might also have been the reason why it got discarded...

Tomorrow is a lot better than Fun; even tho I think the latter isn't too bad either...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tallerolder said:

You can really hear shine through this typical MX vibe... Being too close to other MX songs (CB, HLH, ETIAW) as far as the vibe goes might also have been the reason why it got discarded...

Tomorrow is a lot better than Fun; even tho I think the latter isn't too bad either...

To be fair to Fun, Humankind and Infinity Sign both formed out of the same song and were both on the same album, so I wouldn't rule it out of being released based solely on that.

Fun is one of the worst songs on AHFOD and partly to do with that horrible over-reverbed intro and accompanying generic stargate production.

Tomorrow on the other hand makes the riff the main focus of the song, clearly dominant guitar work from Jonny that sparkles amongst the synth bass and MX-centric production. It works so much better here and its a shame this song never was released on MX or GS as it was. I would say it even works better than DLIBYH. Tracklist placement might have been difficult given it sounds like a good closer and UWTB is right there too however I don't see why a b-side to Paradise or another single could have been done.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

Tracklist placement might have been difficult given it sounds like a good closer and UWTB is right there too however I don't see why a b-side to Paradise or another single could have been done.

Tomorrow was the original closer for MX. I think it should've been released on the "ETIAW EP" or whatever it is, the single with MtM and Major Minus. I assume it was chosen to be a closer to set up the story of MX for MXtwo.

Edited by m4racide
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

Fun is one of the worst songs on AHFOD and partly to do with that horrible over-reverbed intro and accompanying generic stargate production.

I’m gonna disagree with you. Fun is a great song! Very underrated and should had been a single imo. ♥️ 

6 hours ago, m4racide said:

Tomorrow was the original closer for MX. I think it should've been released on the "ETIAW EP" or whatever it is, the single with MtM and Major Minus. I assume it was chosen to be a closer to set up the story of MX for MXtwo.

According to Chris's notes the closer was ETIAW 

38 minutes ago, Benjod25 said:

According to Chris's notes the closer was ETIAW 

At one point. Tomorrow, ETIAW and Princess of China were all album closers of different draft tracklists in Chris' notes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, driftaguy said:

At one point. Tomorrow, ETIAW and Princess of China were all album closers of different draft tracklists in Chris' notes.

Also of note could be why ETIAW was a concert closer 

On 4/23/2024 at 10:54 PM, tallerolder said:

I used to love Fun but Tomorrow ruined it for me.

• Sad 1

On 4/23/2024 at 11:10 PM, Doomotron said:

To be fair to Fun, Humankind and Infinity Sign both formed out of the same song and were both on the same album, so I wouldn't rule it out of being released based solely on that.

Is it confirmed from the band that Humankind was formed out of life is beautiful or it was just fan speculation because they sound similar ?

I know Phil said something about LIB being sampled for Infinity sign but he didn't say anything about humankind.

15 minutes ago, Galal said:

Is it confirmed from the band that Humankind was formed out of life is beautiful or it was just fan speculation because they sound similar ?

I know Phil said something about LIB being sampled for Infinity sign but he didn't say anything about humankind.

It's the same sample for both songs, but pitched differently.

Just now, Doomotron said:

It's the same sample for both songs, but pitched differently.

To me they are two very different songs however the first half of Infinity sign is practically LIB with no lyrics