✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My Piano is getting Old

snakeboy

Hey man guitar isnt that hard, if you find its your thing its easy to get into.

I used to play piano and only started playing guitar just under 2 years ago and I've got good enough to play in a band and write some pretty good stuff on it. It just takes a while to get into it, I only started sounding decent about 4 months ago.

Give it a try :D :D

Yes, 2 years ago my father learned me to play organ,

Just 2 piano's, but its harder to play for me, than to play with a piano..

But whatever, i'm lost my guitar i'm afraid,

Or my mom getted it away, she loves guitars..

I'm from a musical family i think :D

I just saw that someone else did open a topic about learn-to-play

I think i'm gonna try those websites.... :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

yer the drums do seem to be very boring, but if you can play the piano then any instrument will seem easy, jsut buy a chord book for about 5£ at any good record shop and learn the basic chords E, A and D and then work aound them with minors and stuff, tis really easy if your commited. Im getting piano lessons soon coz it is such a great instrument

Yeah ive sought of self taught myself, but Im getting lessons now just because I really want to get myself a bit more capable and its helping a lot. But the fact that i struggled learning on my own for a while was a real positive I think, made me understand and learn a lot about how to play.

I want to learn drums just to get better sense of timing and rhythm

no its not, a lot of musicians are self taught, it just takes time, my dad play's bass and guitar and he's self taught. he's been playing since he was like 16 and he's 54 now.

do i give a shit?

NO

obviously anyone can teach themselves

you learn faster with private lessons though...

or are you going to get in a hissyfit with that too?

obviously anyone can teach themselves

you learn faster with private lessons though...

but it does depend also on your musical talent as well though, some people have a knack at picking stuff up by themselves. some of the best guitarists are self taught, sometimes they learn to do unconventional stuff which becomes characteristic of their sound.

Well I learn to play by private lessons my brothers by their own.... and the most remarkable difference, which I've seen in other cases too, it's the tenchical things.... like how you put your fingers, how you read this ( a thing with the notes and scales) what terminology you used............... but you can learn both things very good............. besides If you don't like the teacher or you're not taking Private Lesson (i.e: A music school with more than 1 student) you could start thinking to rely on self-teaching

• 1 month later...

hey mr my cd player broke, stop being such an fool, Jonny Marr, Thurston Moore, Jim O Rouke, Ed o Brien, Jonny Greenwood to an extent he just had classical training before hand, Jeff Buckley learnt and then went to guitar institute, self taught isnt a bad thing, your being out of hand, and plus not everyone can afford lessons i know i can't!