✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Band Of Brothers

Italian Plastic

omg :( has anyone seen it? IT'S SO GOOD. and so fucking sad.

follows the american paratroopers when they land in france to win the war! (it's all true)

There's a scene when they find a concentration camp and they have to tell them that they can't let them out and that they'll have to spend a few more nights in there. it nearly made me cry :bigcry:

Made by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg. so good. I got the box thingy for christmas. You should all watch it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ehwsOL04og]YouTube - Band of Brothers Official Trailer[/ame]

My history teacher made us watch an episode of it. Oh my, I cried for real during that scene. Like a total baby.

I had been meaning to watch it afterwards but slipped out of my mind. I might start during the winter break :)

Guest howyousawtheworld

Remember it being shown on BBC 2 nearly 10 years back. Was a bit young too watch it but I remember catching a couple of episodes. Think I might buy the boxset with some of the money I got for Christmas thanks to this thread now that you've reminded me!

oh man I just heard Dick Winters, one of the main characters in the series died a few days ago :(

tumblr_lesbu5Q6Qm1qadrzko1_500.jpg

Him and the guy who played him in Band Of Brothers.

fuuck. it probably looks stupid to anyone who hasn't seen the series but this means a lot to me :blank:

What??!! NOO!!! :cry: he was one of the reasons why I watched was to hear his stories. He was a true hero, even though if you asked him he would deny it :(

The guy who played him is Damian Lewis a Brit

+1 great show! I can't believe it's almost 10 years it's been aired....time is flying!

RIP to Dick Winters who helped like so many others to deliver us. My grandma often told me stories about the WWII (our family lived on the occupied zone), we had one of our cousin who saw his father killed in front of him by nazis and all the villagers were massacred within a few hours...hearing about those things make me even more grateful to all those people who fought for us.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Just think, without these guys, we might all be speaking german :blank:

Yes and we've got to savour the moment when ever some of us meet WW2 veterans in the future. They are men and women of history. Just taken a look at how many WW1 veterans were left in the world today. Only 3 remain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_surviving_veterans_of_World_War_I