Ok partner, I was late, but here is your review, at last. First of all, thanks for the beautiful artwork :kiss:
Here, a track by track review:
1. Like the quiet intro. It may be a little too quite, but it's pretty awesome. It picks up a little bit and gets my interest back when the voice comes in. Nice start so far.
2. Okay, favourite song of the tape, after 3 listens of the hole thing and 10 of this one song. Love the 8-bit sounds, they fit perfectly with the light beat in the back. I honestly loved it without the vocals, and maybe I would have left it like that, but after a few listens, it's just as good with or without vocals. Great one :heart:
3. What a dark atmosphere this one has, so deep and idk, it feels almsot personal. While the song itself doesn't impress me, the atmosphere it conveys got me.
4. It's lovely. Her voice is very nice, and the music that surrounds it isn't pop-ish, it's hard to qualify, it's just good. Nice one.
5. Okay, you couldn't know that, but I've never been very fond of that voice effect. Sorry, not my cup of tea :\
6. I know this. My ex used to be crazy about them, and while I never listened to that song by myself, i know it because of her haha. I always liked the little guitar bit , as short as it is. Hip-hop and rap have never been my kinds of music, but there are a few exceptions. This one can be considered as such.
7. Ahh I'm sorry. This one isn't an exception :/
8. This one is. Possibly because of the piano chords in the back, and idk I know nothing of that kind of music, but his voice reminds me of Kanye's. Thanks for showing me songs of that kind of music btw, I don't listen to it often enough.
9. That's gotta be the cutest track off the mixtape. Very different from the tracks before nad it's kinda refreshing. I think it is beautiful, really. I wonder how many xylos were playing at the same time. One of my favourites off the tape. :heart:
10. This one's a catchy one. The beat is catchy, the vocals are catchy. Nice one.
11. I love this one. It starts off slow, and more and more sounds keep being added to the tune. I would've left it vocals-less too, but that's my preference. Thanks for this one :heart:
12. Nice tune for the outtro. Very experimental, imo. Not a favourite but it closes off well. I like the parts where the beat stops better, because the synths are so beautiful, I feel like I can be transported somewhere.
I'd like to thank my partner for this tape that obviously doesn't reflect my everyday type of music. My favourites are tracks 2, 9 and 11. Overall, I enjoyed the mixtape very much.