✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Famous Old Painters: Paintbrush Collection Drive (Please Read)

oldmuckers

With a new album on the way and the Viva era now a thing of the past i can't help but feel that Famous Old Painters may just end up being the great lost Coldplay song. There is no way to know just how good this track is but Phil Harvey himself stated that there was a version recorded and mixed that he thought was very well done. It is true that the time for this song might be past but I know there are many others like me that would love to hear it.

So here is my proposal. What if we got as many people as possible to send a paintbrush to "the beehive" with a note attached that reads, "Please release Famous Old Painters... Thank You- The Fans" Since the song has been finished there wouldn't be any extra work for the band and they may even be happy to see the amount of passion us fans have for their music... even the music we have not heard.

I also think that just so it's not a selfish request each paintbrush should also be sent with a small donation that the band can then give to the charity of their choice. It would not have to be anything too large, maybe five or ten. We should also put in our short message that this money is being sent for charity as a show of our appreciation for all the band has given us. The band could even donate all the paintbrushes to local schools.

Please release Famous Old Painters... As a show of our appreciation enclosed is a small donation to the charity of your choice. The paintbrush itself may be donated to a local school. Thank You- The Fans

It would be for a good cause and we might even end up getting an amazing song out of it!

What do you guys think?

not a terrible idea, but if they dont wanna release it lets just trust their judgement right? i mean theres probably a hundred songs they never released that were finished, Famous Old Painters is no different except the fact that we no about it (and the fact that its got like the coolest name EVER)

I agree, this was the one song I waited to hear and was so sad it was not released. The title alone shows the endless possibilities and direction this song could take.

But I also agree that Chris's reluctance to release anything less than what he deems "perfect" will prevent them ever giving it to us.

I'd still be willing to give this a go though- not expecting anything more than the boys appreciating the charitable donations.

Cute idea but I think the band releases music they want to release. If they decided not to release something, I have to trust they know best. I think it would be a better idea if fan-driven projects show appreciation for something already released (i.e. the postcards project).

i wish theyd just release everything they finish, even if its just online or if they just purposely leaked it that would be INCREDIBLE. i just dont see what good its doing throwing these songs away forever, songs that even though coldplay deem them unreleasable theyre still better than Justin Biebers or lady gagas best song