✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Apparat - Modeselektor - Moderat - Ellen Alien

Prince Myshkin

Similar to the King Of Limbs style stuff. I'm really in the mood for them now. Just got into them about two months ago but hadn't listened too much. After KOL I've really started feeling them.

Their more poppy stuff:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tbp0BQel4M]YouTube - Apparat - Arcadia[/ame]

Less accessible but pretty amazing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI4GfaHGDbA]YouTube - Plus+, Film By Clusta, Music: 'Wooden' by Apparat[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj26WAXtRxE]YouTube - APPARAT / Blue cyborg[/ame]

CHANGE OF THREAD TITLE. NO LONGER JUST ABOUT APPARAT, BUT WORKS ASSOCIATED WITH HIM TOO

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually not a band but solo artist Sascha Ring from Berlin.

Quite good.

He's also- together with electronic band Modeselektor ( Thom Yorke has worked with them)- forming the band Moderat:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w0JSVGh3E0]YouTube - 5. Moderat - A New Error - 2009[/ame]

It's actually not a band, but a solo artist, Sascha Ring from Berlin.

Quite good.

He's also- together with the electronic band Modeselektor ( Thom Yorke has worked with them)- forming the band Moderat:

He's awesome. Just listened to the entirety of Duplex. It's weird when you find an album from a while ago that could have been perfect to listen to at the time, but totally missed your consciousness.

Similar to the King Of Limbs style stuff. I'm really in the mood for them now. Just got into them about two months ago but hadn't listened too much. After KOL I've really started feeling them.

Their more poppy stuff:

Less accessible but pretty amazing.

That second one was my favorite. It's all quite good, though.

It's actually not a band, but a solo artist, Sascha Ring from Berlin.

Quite good.

He's also- together with electronic band Modeselektor ( Thom Yorke has worked with them)- forming the band Moderat:

YouTube - 5. Moderat - A New Error - 2009

God, that WOOOEHHH part is incredibly annoying. :sick:

Is there a thread for this genre of music? Bands like these won't get discussed too much and the threads will drop. I think it would be better if there was one thread for some of the lesser known genres that people can drop into from time to time if they fancy listening to something they wouldn't normally.

I've been listening to Apparat for years now and I have to say that "Walls" is Apparat's masterpiece (for my ears)!

Besides working with 'Modeselektor' as 'Moderat', Apparat was also working together with 'Ellen Alien' (another artist from Berlin..just like all of them..)!

You might like the album "Orchestra Of Bubbles" from 'Ellen Alien & Apparat' as well!!! ;)

Is there a thread for this genre of music? Bands like these won't get discussed too much and the threads will drop. I think it would be better if there was one thread for some of the lesser known genres that people can drop into from time to time if they fancy listening to something they wouldn't normally.

Yeah! Let's make a "Modeselektor - Moderat - Apparat & Ellen Alien" thread^^

Cheers for the headsup, I'm on my way to find them now. I'm sure I saw it very recently in a related artists thing on my Spotify but hadn't got round to it.

I read your name as S&M too haha.

I had a link to all of the Apparat's stuff one time! If interested I could search for it and then post it somewhere in the MM.. :wacko:

Ignore the pop-up on f60s or just close it !!!.. ;)

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4718294&postcount=8600

EDIT: Read the edit of this^ old post...

btw.. nice to see an APPARAT (or Apparat - Modeselektor - Moderat - Ellen Alien) thread here!!! :nice:

Sweeeet. I'm downloading now. Listening to it on Spotify and it's really good.

Thank you, much appreciated.

So do you also know 'Bodi Bill' then??

Oooh I know them (well I checked them out yesterday....) and I like them. They are coming to the festival I am attending in August....according to spotify they are similar to "Hundreds" (who are playing the festival as well) and MIT (who I really love!)....which reminds me....does any of you guys know MIT?

(not exactly the point of this thread.....)

(I am checking out the mentioned stuff in here right now....)

MIT are not from Berlin but from cologne btw haha....it is so weird that I saw them live in 2008 and now people are getting aware of them

since Modeselektor is brought up of course I must say I love The White Flash

When I was at the Radiohead concert in Berlin 2008 they were performing together! Modeselektor was support act so that Thom came on stage a bit earlier to join them for The White Flash. It was fantastic! I love this song too!

Oooh I know them (well I checked them out yesterday....) and I like them. They are coming to the festival I am attending in August....according to spotify they are similar to "Hundreds" (who are playing the festival as well) and MIT (who I really love!)....which reminds me....does any of you guys know MIT?

(not exactly the point of this thread.....)

(I am checking out the mentioned stuff in here right now....)

MIT are not from Berlin but from cologne btw haha....it is so weird that I saw them live in 2008 and now people are getting aware of them

at the moment i cannot watch any videos because my internet connection is too slow for. i m just using an usb-stick.. :/

but bodi bill is great! i think i ve heard hotel before when i saw them live in 2009. it was even better than just listening at home!!! the atmosphere was nice because there were only about 100 people at this small cost free festival in erlangen back then.

i'll check out MIT later on!.. i ve never heard of them before. isn't it a university somewhere in the USA? :wacko: