✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What you studying to be?

Muso

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm too lazy to look through that site, just explain what they do in a sentence or two :wacky:

Oooh, that'll be kinda hard but I'll try.

One-sentence explanation pulled out of my arse: Actuaries assess risk by reviewing prior experience (statistics) to determine the potential of that risk (probability) in the future and the cost associated to cover that risk.

Or something like that. The fields they can work in are insurance, health care, finance/investments, retirement/pensions (me), government... and lots of other fields.

I see, thanks for explaining :wacko:

It sounds kind of interesting, I'm just not sure if that's what I really want to do. But I guess I don't really have that many choices, I just know for sure that I'm not going to be a teacher :tongue:

Actuarial Science is hard D:

I liked it :wacky:

one of my friends did actuary for 2yrs before dropping out. he is brilliant with maths but couldn't handle it anymore. so unless you have an incredible passion for maths and a talent to go with that passion, don't do it.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I'm almost a sociologist now :wacky:

Studied sociology for a year last year. Incredibly interesting but I had to drop it to pursue a history and politics degree. Even though it was only a year it was a brilliant eye opening experience. Political history is my strong point though.

When I was in college and people asked me what I was studying, to keep it simple I just said 'math' and 94% of the time they were like, "oh, so you're going to be a teacher?"

HELLZ NOEZ I'M NOT :veryangry:

Yeah, that's good logic :awesome: The only reason we learn math is to teach math

LOL braddock

@numbersgirl, if you tell that you were studying math i would be all surprised :wacky: for me every one that studies math are genius :wacky::laugh4: thats the only subject i never pass at school :shame:

I only did highschool, but to be honest, today i regret it hehe but well... is never too late to go back to study right?

Studied sociology for a year last year. Incredibly interesting but I had to drop it to pursue a history and politics degree. Even though it was only a year it was a brilliant eye opening experience. Political history is my strong point though.

I almost studied political sciences but after taking some classes it wasn't what i was looking for, it was interesting anyway, I really like international politics

Guest howyousawtheworld
I almost studied political sciences but after taking some classes it wasn't what i was looking for, it was interesting anyway, I really like international politics

I'm looking at international politics right now but it's something that I just can't get into yet. Last semester I looked at Westminster based/domestic politics which I found really interesting.